They did not catch any worn parts during alignment? If you are new to the Toy homes they are not exactly stellar handling.

any suggestions where to start diagnosing problem. ?

new tires/alignment done recently.

Just jack the front wheels off the ground and check for slop in the steering. I just checked over my 1978 and every tie-rod end and the idler-arm were bad (real loose). Lower ball joints bad too (but they don't cause "wander" in steering).

i hear you about the handling.

can't expect 30 year old rig to feel perfect.

I've been adventuring all over the mountains/deserts for 13 yrs with my camper. been great.

wandering steering is only sketchy when trying to correct after getting jerked around high wind gusts

One of the most exciting moments was on I95 doing around 60 and being passed by a house yep all 40+ feet of it doing about 75 I had no ideal what that MH was going to do next that all most drove me to drink more.

Actually the other end of the RV can cause this problem Worn rear bushings can let the rear axle shift and "steer" the back end and cause wandering.