Where can I buy a blower motor online for a good price

gr8white

My RV guy can get one for 140 but he said I should be able to get it cheaper online. I looked and cant find one. I have a hydrflame FA 7916 16000 btu. It might read FA 1916 is what google suggests. Its hard to read off the motor.

let me know mine makes a lot of noise i mt pull it and oil it sort of makeshift should replace i am on retirment i understand the money.

Before you pluke down $100, make sure. If you look at the photos in my link, you'll see where the blower motor wires come up on the left side of the furnace. Use your volt meter and see if there is 12 volts on these two wires, the blower should be running.

I'm looking to see if I have any photos of these wires from up front that would be easier to get to. (Can't find any, I'll take a couple photos when I get home)

This is a diagram, the blower should connect to ground and there should be a terminal on the control board labeled "Blw"

I found another diagram in the service manual, this diagram shows the blower wired a little different.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-4544-0-15498300-1355346991_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-83913500-1355348434_thumb.jp

My RV guy can get one for 140 but he said I should be able to get it cheaper online. I looked and cant find one. I have a hydrflame FA 7916 16000 btu. It might read FA 1916 is what google suggests. Its hard to read off the motor.

Those motors are $30-"$45 new (everyday price generic) as long as you don't buy as a specialty part with an RV # stuck on it. You just need to know housing diameter, shaft diameter, 1 speed, or 3 speed, one shaft or two shaft, etc. There are a few odd-ball blowers, furnaceds, and pumps that are not so easy to find. Most though use common sizes. $180 is robbery; $100 is still a royal rip-off. The RV furnace companies do not make the motors. They buy them elsewhere just like the rest of us.

I've never bought from the link below. I have bought generic motors from many places. The link is just one example. Places like Surplus Sales usually have the best deals. A big company might buy maybve 10,000 motors and only use 9500. The rest go up for sale as surplus sometimes for $20 each.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air-conditioning/single-shaft-three-speed-blower-motor-12-volt-421.php