Just when I thought I finally had my heater fixed. Advice?

gr8white

first thing check all fuses in the camper panel a six dollor allagater clip sha rp pointed test prob can do a lot if you dont have a vom meter

I have both. But it is starting and staying on for a bit which leads me to believe its not the fuse. That control panel stopped showing live a week ago but all the lights work when plugged in. I get no power when I touch the fuses with the test light.

i hardly ever set myn above 55 at nite dry camping to conserve batt would agree not the fuse i dont meen the tank panel if you mean the power panel the furnece is 12volt ie battery or shore power from the step down converator an intermint power panel could off and on your heater . did you post about an ice up problem in colder wether ice not out of the ordinary seen on tanks on outside camp stoves check your stove if burners work good gas ok . DO NOT USE COOK STOVE FOR HEAT DEATH HAZERD CARBON MONOXiDE

wow I didnt know that it was carbon monoxide you may have saved my life one day. This heating situation sucks. I have an RV guy I just have to get to him. He did say that my thermostat is bad and that may be the problem too. Sucks for the 6 day turkey day trip that it decides to do this.

You said "...Then it turns off and never comes back on...:

The normal "turn off" cycle should be.

1) The blower is running and putting out heat.

2) When the thermostat reached temperature, it opens (electrical contacts open)

3) The gas gets turned off after a second or two, but the blower keeps running.

4) The blower runs for about 15 - 30 seconds, then stops.

Is this what its doing???

John Mc

55 Dolphin 4 Auto

You may have a bad thermostat. If all else fails, open your cover and connect the two wires together (a test lead works well). If the furnace continues to run, this is the problem. Good luck.