Where is the fuse for the cigarette lighter?

gr8white

Im camping in an Md state forest and my cigarette lighter stopped working. I need it for my gps to get back tomorrow. I have my i phone for a backup but I am a creature of habit. Where is the fuse? Under the hood? I will have probably found it before someone tells me. 1 2 3 go!

All the fuses are good on the drivers side and under the hood but the lighter still doesnt work. This sucks because I really rely on my lighter to power different things. Anyone have any other ideas?

LOL why does everyone always ask me the year of my rig when the picture and the year is on my avatar. I guess I will start positing it in my postings to save people the time of asking ...........

LOL why does everyone always ask me the year of my rig when the picture and the year is on my avatar. I guess I will start positing it in my postings to save people the time of asking ...........

I sometimes miss it even if it's mentioned in the Subject. Probably a good idea to mention it again for those (like me) 'old of mind and short on eyesight'!! :bye2:

well I replaced the fuse that the diagram says and the lighter still doesnt work. This is a major problem for me. I really rely in my cigerette lighter and I have to leave for a trip in 48 hours.... I gotta figure this out

You need a voltmeter to test the voltage at the Cig lighter.

Very carefully, (use a flashlight and look down inside the cig plug) put one probe down into the Cig plug, in the center contact. Put the other probe on a good metal ground. i.e. a bolt on the door. If you get 12 volts, try and move the ground probe to the chassis of the cig plug and see if you still get 12 volts.

A lot of Cig plugs rely on the chassis of the plug to supply a good ground, some use a wire that runs from the chassis ground to a bolt hole to make sure the ground is supplied to the plug.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto