Atwood 7916 Troubleshooting

jmhooten

Hello,

First winter in my 1991 Dolphin and I've discovered the Furnace doesn't work. I turn up the thermostat as I've gathered should be the only required action and I get nothing, nada. No clicks (except the contact inside the thermostat which I verified is contacting), no fan (which I gathered I should hear firing up)... nothing at all. I checked the fuse and it's good. Inside I noted a small relay-type box with a button on top (with the number 5 on the button) and that button is recessed completely... I don't know if that is normal or if this might be my first check. I know there is gas to the unit.

Any guidance?

my 90 has two things to do on the thermo, set high as well as turn on. mine has an on-off switch at the bottom of the thermostat

NICE! I hope it's that easy - It really acted like it didn't get the "message" to turn on so that's a possibility, but if I have an on/off switch it must have broken off.

There should be a fuse some where. See if there is 12v at the thermostat

Get your voltmeter out and make sure you have 12 volts on the controller board.

post-4544-0-52348100-1353348411_thumb.jp

"Pwr" to "ground" should be 12 volts

with a call for heat (thermostat cranked up) you should have 12 volts between the blue wire on the controller board and ground.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 1 month later...

The small button with the #5 on it is a circuit breaker for the fan motor. It should be recessed and not protruding.