Downloaded these Installation Instructions for the Toyota kits and thought I'd post them.

There's also an older Firestone kit, the 1130, which can be downloaded here:- http://www.firestone...lation/1130.pdf

An interesting comment in the Firestone instructions:-

NOTE:

Once the air helper springs are installed, it is recommended that the vehicle not be lifted by the frame,

as over-extension may occur, resulting in damage to the air helper springs. However, should it become

necessary to raise the vehicle by the frame, deflate both air helper springs completely

2115.pdf

022-57113.pdf

Actually I would like to ask how long usually does the stock system last? At which time should we consider replacing the exisiting system?

I have 2 Sunraders with the original air bags. The model back then was 1025. They still both are fine and I use them for leveling so air goes up and down a lot. I wouldn't replace them until they started leaking and even then I would try to find replacement bags instead of the whole system

Linda S

you want to keep a little pressure in them all the time i.e.20psi. This keeps the bags from folding in on themselves or getting pinched.

I keep 65psi in mine, good ride, good handling.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I contacted Firestone and they informed me that the kits for Toyotas were no longer available. I ended up buying the system from 3-T's RV Products. Their kit has a smaller diameter airbag. I would have preferred the larger bags. Oh well, they work good.

I contacted Firestone and they informed me that the kits for Toyotas were no longer available. I ended up buying the system from 3-T's RV Products. Their kit has a smaller diameter airbag. I would have preferred the larger bags. Oh well, they work good.

Well customer service at Firestone must really be bad. I went through the Toyota campers site and found many instances of the Firestone 2115 model being installed on Toyota motorhomes with no problem.

Linda S

Anyone with the #2115 Kit looking for a replacement spring/bellows/bag needs the #FIR6781.

http://www.truckspri...-rite-6781.aspx

This same part is used in many different kits for different vehicles. Even the Ford F-350. Notice that these have a 'Ride Height' of 5.5" - 6.5". This is the height they should be when inflated. What they are when most Toyota motorhome owners have them inflated to their preferred pressure, I've no idea. Technically, as they would be designed, if you're over the 6.5", you should use a spacer to keep it within spec. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi,What air pressure do you put on them. Today when I was checking my axle oil I noticed that one of the air suspension looked crooked and found out that the other one which didn't look crooked didn't have any air pressure in it. So I raised the rear of the motor home and put some air in both (about 20 psi) it drives so much better. What is the maximum pressure that you can put on them? Thanks.

Hi,What air pressure do you put on them. Today when I was checking my axle oil I noticed that one of the air suspension looked crooked and found out that the other one which didn't look crooked didn't have any air pressure in it. So I raised the rear of the motor home and put some air in both (about 20 psi) it drives so much better. What is the maximum pressure that you can put on them? Thanks.

Max pressure is about 90 but I usually run mine at 50lbs. Small Sunrader I would run a 21 footer at at least 60. 20 is too low. Keep an eye on that one that was all the way down. You might have gotten a hole in it driving while empty. Not meant to ever be empty

Linda S

Our '91 Dolphin has a metal plate mounted on the side for the valves with a label that says inflate to 20 lbs minium with a max of 90 lbs. I have run them as high as 75 fully loaded and empty around town as low as 35/40. The one thing I do not like with the higher pressures is the amount of lift you get, these things are plenty top heavy already.

But having seperate bags does help with levelling it out and high pressures reduce sway at the campsite. When I am parking it for a while I put high pressure to reduce load on the springs.

Also if you go all the way to 90 lots easier to work underneath it.

Hi, I put about 35 pound on each air suspension last night but this morning they were both 15 psi. I load them up to 35 psi a few hour ago and been driving it around . So far it is holding.

You always find out after some thing goes wrong with these things.

Good day.

Well it seems that they leak air slowly.so I have to replace them.

Any body knows where I can get them from. I have a 91 v6 warrior . are these trucks called T 100 or just Toyota truck ?

I don't know but I did jack up the rear by the frame once to paint the wheels. That must have done it(how would you know that you are not suppose to do that which is not mentioned in the owner manual).

Thanks again. I will be an old man before I can go a long distance with this thing:-)

Hi, Derek How would you go about checking the leak? There is a jack that came with the truck. If I put it on the frame it damages the bags and it says 2000 k maximum load on it. Where do you put the jack in case you got a flat tire on the road? And the leak seems to be very slow. I checked Firestone and their kits bag looks not cylinder looking like mine. I can post a picture of the bag tomorrow once I find out how on this blog. Thanks.

Pump them up to 90psi. That'll probably give you enough room to slide underneath. Buy some bubble blowing stuff at the dollar store and brush it on the springs/bags and the lines, looking for bubbles. And the valves where you put the air in. You should be able to spot where it's leaking by the bubbles.

Hi,

I have attached the picture. I still don't know how to jack up the rear to get the tires out without using the frame so that I can pin point the leak.

Derek , Is the one that is on mine made by firestone? the price is great. does it fit without any modification? I don't know if I should go back to salt lake (300 miles)where I have access to a shop or this can be done here in front of the auto zone?:-)

First I have to find out how to jack up with the little jack that comes with it . And then I have to torque it to 150 pounds per foot.

Thanks a lot.

post-5317-0-34734600-1362339947_thumb.jp

Pump them up to 90psi. That'll probably give you enough room to slide underneath. Buy some bubble blowing stuff at the dollar store and brush it on the springs/bags and the lines, looking for bubbles. And the valves where you put the air in. You should be able to spot where it's leaking by the bubbles.

I just noticed this comment. I am afraid to pump it very high in case the leak gets worse. Now every time that I move the motorhome I put some air in it and it lasts a few hours.

To change a tire, I'd place the jack under the axle. However, DO NOT go under the MH with just the jack.

To go under safely, I'd drive the rear up on a stack of 2"x6"s. That way it won't have any chance of falling on you.

In your picture, it looks like the bladder has a logo marked on it barely visible on the right side. I bladders, they buy from Firestone and perhaps others.think Firestone uses orange, like I'm seeing. If your kit was made by 3-T, they don't make their own

To change a tire, I'd place the jack under the axle. However, DO NOT go under the MH with just the jack.

To go under safely, I'd drive the rear up on a stack of 2"x6"s. That way it won't have any chance of falling on you.

In your picture, it looks like the bladder has a logo marked on it barely visible on the right side. I bladders, they buy from Firestone and perhaps others.think Firestone uses orange, like I'm seeing. If your kit was made by 3-T, they don't make their own

I looked . Can't see a logo. What shall I do? Am I doomed?;-)

Get one (or both) removed and measure them. I posted a link above to the detailed drawing of the one I suspect you have.

No, you're not doomed. You can buy new kits from Firestone, Airlift and 3-T. There are also Timbren SES to consider. And the 'Zuk mod'.

Hi Linda.

Tomorrow i will jack it up correctly and take the tires out and take a look . It is amazing to have all you guys available for such valuable advise.

Best regards.

mason

Hi,

Today i took the tires out and yes there is an orange logo that shows in the photo. There is a number in white under the logo which is not very easy to read.

The width is about three inches and the height is about seven inches.

Derek what is the height of that one that you posted? It says 13.6 but it surely don't look like that in the drawing. It looks about 7 proportional to the width.

Thanks Waiter for the how to.

I think the bag leaks around the colour where the clamp is, very slowly all around.

The next question that comes in my mind is what is my best option Get a replacement(if i can find one) or get the whole new kit. If the one that Derek posted is the right one then i save a bundle but it may be difficult to get that top bolt off as Mr Waiter pointed out. I just wait till i get more feed back from you ladies and gentlemen and then decide.

thanks a lot for your time and effort.

mason

post-5317-0-32432000-1362428727_thumb.jp

post-5317-0-13992000-1362428801_thumb.jp

post-5317-0-31903200-1362428847_thumb.jp

Great, I will call them when I get a cell phone(in couple of weeks).Cell phone companies are tricky these days.I was going to get a cell phone with unlimited web from Walmart.but I can't get them until I am ready to move out of here so I can test them.They have only two weeks return policy.

Once you look at them they are very simple. Tomorrow I plan on taking it out and put some green slime in it and move it around so it gets to every where then put it back and see if it makes any difference.the rubber looks to be in a good shape.

• 2 weeks later...

someday im going to do this to find out where mine are leaking im so tired of going to les schwaub to pump tthem up.

In the event I replace them I want timbren springs. seems superior, leak proof. I dont care about changing the height.

someday im going to do this to find out where mine are leaking im so tired of going to les schwaub to pump tthem up.

In the event I replace them I want timbren springs. seems superior, leak proof. I dont care about changing the height.

Like I said before I use mine for leveling so I keep a small 12 volt air compressor in my rig. Put them up and down whenever. Bought it at Big Lots for maybe 20 bucks. Check and make sure it's got a long cord to reach. If not long enough you can buy extensions for them

Linda S

All my Firestone air-springs have leaked since brand new and it's not the lines. Just slight leaks that take weeks. Since we already carry a bunch of 18 volt Ryobi flashlights with us - and thus have the 18 volt batteries, we keep a portable Ryobi 18 volt compressor with us on long trips. Just another way to do it and no power cord needed. I have my two separate fill valves on the back bumpers of both rigs. I use more for leveling than for extra weight carry capacity.