I'm surprised by that. My Toyota Sunrader air bags don't leak at all and it's an 86. my Nissan Sunrader has a very slow leak, needs air every 2 months at the most. and it was rescued from a field in New York after sitting there uncared for for 2 years and it spent most of it's life in Alaska. I don't find many complaints about them on the Toyota-campers site either. They seem to hold air well or not at all

Linda S

I'm surprised by that. My Toyota Sunrader air bags don't leak at all and it's an 86. my Nissan Sunrader has a very slow leak, needs air every 2 months at the most. and it was rescued from a field in New York after sitting there uncared for for 2 years and it spent most of it's life in Alaska. I don't find many complaints about them on the Toyota-campers site either. They seem to hold air well or not at all

Linda S

Mine were both bought brand new. Who knows? Change in production tecnhiques? Change of who actually made them? I've bought many items over the years that were the same brand, make and part # but differed in quality and/or sourcing. I just bought new Stanadyne fuel injectors for my Ford truck and they came from Italy. The originals came from the USA. Any difference in quality? I have no idea.

I'm not complaining anyway. The RideRites work fine for me and checking and adding air before a trip is not something I consider a big deal.

My leak may be a month but its too much for me. I could live with an in dash air compressor. However that's spendign 300 to fix the leaks in a air bag set that's 200 brand neww....

Anyhow its on the list. I'm taking a break from rv projects to work full time plus til summer

I might need new bags. They both leak at different rates actually I just really don't know yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect not all Firestone Ride-Rites or Drive-Rites are the same. Firestone is a Japanese company with factories all over the world including China and Taiwan. So I suspect country origins and the materials used in the bags vary over time and where bought.

I ended up ordering a full kit from air litter 5000. the package weighs about 37 pound . Sounds heavy to me. It has been a week since I ordered. we will see.

I've been watching this topic on airbags and have a question. I have a 1989 Toyota Odyssey duallie rear v6 3liter motorhome and am doing a complete rebuild on the camper. Has anyody had any experience with or knowledge of the closed cell foam suspension bags rather than using airbags?

I've been watching this topic on airbags and have a question. I have a 1989 Toyota Odyssey duallie rear v6 3liter motorhome and am doing a complete rebuild on the camper. Has anyody had any experience with or knowledge of the closed cell foam suspension bags rather than using airbags?

Are you talking about Timbrens? I have heard about them being used with good results on smaller rigs but your Odyssey is one of the bigger ones. Timbrens used to be way cheaper than an air bags system but not any more. A regular air bags system will give you way more flexibility and better support. What happened to the air bags that were on it. Replacement sleeves can be purchased so you don't need the whole system

Linda S

I found paperwork on a T-3 airbag system but that's all. I only see the leaf springs and shock absorbers under there now. Don't know if shocks were original or not. I am starting to do a complete rebuild of the camper body. Stripping it down to its framework as there is major water leak damage, ie: aluminum roof skin completely rotted thru in spots, most of the 1x2 supports rotted to just punk wood, corrugated fiberglass sides delaminated 1/3 of way up towards cab from rear, bathroom floor super soft and soft spots in floor across from main door. Will lay down new 3/4 weathershield plywood and top with a cork floor. Whew! lots of work am taking pictures of the project will share when finished. Plans are sides & rear will be sheathed with weathershield 1/4 plywood topped with weathershield 1x2 strips around edge of body & over seams Then stained to look like the old classic woody wagons then topcoated with a marine grade epoxy clear coat. Roof will be redone with RMA XTRM-PLY pvc roofing over 1/2" weathershield plywood braced by 2" aluminum c channels every 2ft.. I am removing the ac unit from the roof to give me space to put a solar panel system in with a back up wind turbine generator that can be placed in a pipe mounted to the ladder for those cloudy days. Am also checking out the Kimberely wood stove for heating.