hi! was wondering if anyone has phone number for toyota so i can check to see if head gasket reall has been done on my motorhome!thaanks

The head gasket recall for the 89's ended years ago. They will just tell you there is no recall on your rig. Only 90 and up were extended.

Linda S

There were 2 'things':

"Commencing in Dec., 1997, Toyota will proceed with the Special Policy Adjustment

Warranty Extension program by notifying the remaining owners of 1988, 1989 and

early production (up to 12/89 production date) Toyota Compact Pick–up Truck and

4Runner equipped with 3VZ–E V6 engines who have not previously received any

notification or have not received any head gasket repairs from a Toyota dealer since

October 1, 1996.

Since introducing this Special Policy Adjustment, Toyota has identified that the

head gasket failure condition is primarily limited to a particular production period of

the involved vehicles. As a result, for a specific group of the vehicles previously

involved in the Special Policy Adjustment, Toyota is now changing the handling

procedure to a Special Service Campaign.

3VZ–E Head Gasket Special Service Campaign (V06)

With the introduction of the new Special Service Campaign(V06), owners of late

production 1990, all 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994 up to early production 1995 (1/90 to

10/94 production date) Toyota Compact Pick–up Truck, 4Runner and T100 equipped

with 3VZ–E V6 engines who have not received any head gasket repairs from a

Toyota dealer since October 1, 1996 will be notified to contact a Toyota dealer for

head gaskets replacement."

Toyota V6 Head Gasket recall campaign.pdf

Here is an older post from this thread on the subject:

http://toyotamotorho...tor

I read gene j's post and followed Derek up North's advice and became a member of TundraSolutions, found the thread on the recall ( http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/4runner/32512-4runner-head-gasket-recall/ ) email mustand67408 (AKA Victor Camperi from Findlay Toyota ) He returned my email promptly. My RV is not included in the recall.

He asked me to let everybody know that he wants to be contacted directly to avoid any potential problem or hick-ups if you're lucky enough to qualify. He is also offering discounted pricing on Toyota parts and service to the various members of the Toyota sites.

I would advise ALL 89 – 95 3VZ - V6 owners to email him your VIN # and see if you have any recalls. Vic is easy and nice to deal with.

Andrew.

Here is his card:

FindlayToyotainfo.jpg

TundraSolutions thread:

http://www.tundrasol...-gasket-recall/