Thinking of selling

ChrisInVT

Hey all, so I'm thinking of selling the Odyssey because I have too many projects and not enough time and it's an eyesore in my back yard. It starts up and runs/drives/stops with no problems but you've all seen pictures of the interior and how the bathroom was getting renovated and appliances replaced and the PO couldn't finish. I have a stove and heater to add, but haven't gotten a fridge yet or bothered messing with the bathroom.

It's been in my yard three years and the most I've done is shuffle it around and use it for storage, then steal a few pieces here and there for my box truck.

What do you think is a fair price for it, being a rare-er toy motorhome? It needs tires, the exhaust put back on, and the interior put back together. I hate to pull parts off it for my box truck and scrap the thing, but I'm never going to have the time to fix it up. I'm just considering my options at the moment, I'm about 40% sure I want to get rid of it.

No I've never seen pics of the inside. Where would I find them

Linda S

Found the original pictures you posted. Looks like a major project but I'd be willing to bet there's someone who would be up to it if the price was right. I'm afraid I don't think that would be much. Maybe 2 grand? Still I hope someone steps forward to restore it. Like everyone said Americana's are rare. I'd hate to see it trashed

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2945&hl=chrisinvt

Linda S

Wow! Sounds like you pulled a lot of parts off it already for your truck? You mention the bad coach welds, are they fixed? Seriously rare or not this would have to be a hard-core toy restorer to take this on. I've seen a couple coach makeovers (ground up) and see many people give up, yours now included. My opinion is $500 for a hard-core toy home lover to restore or $500 to sell as is for parts. You maybe able to get more parting the 1-ton axle and engine separately.

Good luck...seriously!

I don't think you be able to sell this for what it is worth unless you restore it. (That is what i would do) You have a box truck, so if you do sell, consider selling it for just parts, keeping the good ones for your box truck. The computer, trans and front hubs/disks. You will most-likely make the same just from the rear axle alone then from the whole thing together in it's present condition.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

(and if you decide to part it out, how much for the trans wire harness shipped to 98230 :) ??)

I bought it for a parts truck, planned on restoring it, but I just don't have the time. I hate to strip it and I hate to have it just sitting around not getting used. I'd love to see it go somewhere that it would get put back to good use, but it's worth more than $500 to me just in parts alone for my other truck. You can't even find the late 80's/early 90's parts anywhere around me, ESPECIALLY 1-ton parts.

Guess I'll just keep it around gathering snow, hopefully one day I'll get around to fixing it.

I haven't pulled anything off the camper for the box truck that couldn't be put back on. I stole the clock, hubcaps, AC button and the ECT button. Just trying to clean up my yard and that's the biggest thing out there at the moment. If the box truck wasn't so handy that would go too :)

I bought it for a parts truck, planned on restoring it, but I just don't have the time. I hate to strip it and I hate to have it just sitting around not getting used. I'd love to see it go somewhere that it would get put back to good use, but it's worth more than $500 to me just in parts alone for my other truck. You can't even find the late 80's/early 90's parts anywhere around me, ESPECIALLY 1-ton parts.

Guess I'll just keep it around gathering snow, hopefully one day I'll get around to fixing it.

I haven't pulled anything off the camper for the box truck that couldn't be put back on. I stole the clock, hubcaps, AC button and the ECT button. Just trying to clean up my yard and that's the biggest thing out there at the moment. If the box truck wasn't so handy that would go too :)

Put it on ebay. Be clear about all it needs. I bet there is someone out there who loves these too and needs a winter project. Bet you get 2 grand at least. I too hate to see it stripped. At least give it a chance to be restored

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

I think its too difficult for you to sell it.Try to sell through craigslist then may be you sell. I am find a craigslist search tool which helpful to search craigslist all location easy and fast. If you can face any problem to seach in your location through craigslist then you can use this http://searchfc.com search engine. i hope it will work for you.