I searched the forum and didn’t see anything to help, so I am asking anyone that might know what PS pump was used on a 1983 Dolphin? Mine is going out, and have ordered a stock Toyota Pick-up pump for 1983, but it was nowhere close to the one mounted in my Dolly. I have researched the pump at multiple places onsite, dealerships, and parts stores, and everywhere I have gone shows the pump I purchased as being the correct one for that year. Mine is much larger than the stock pump they reference and has a different mount as well. It is connected though to the stock fender mounted fluid reservoir. Did the motor home manufacturer use a heavier duty pump due to the excessive weight issues, or was there a recall to replace the pump with a larger one? I guess I could have my pump rebuilt, but without the knowledge of what it is, that might be difficult too, as a couple places that have looked at it, didn’t know what it could cross reference to. I am a bit confused here, and any help would be appreciated! Peace!

if you haven't make sure of the year of your truck not the couch. my pink says 1990 but the truck is actually 1989. if you are going by the pink double check the truck, my info was on the opening for the drivers door. not sure about the 83, but 89 is a 1 ton chasis and maybe that could make a diff.

if you haven't make sure of the year of your truck not the couch. my pink says 1990 but the truck is actually 1989. if you are going by the pink double check the truck, my info was on the opening for the drivers door. not sure about the 83, but 89 is a 1 ton chasis and maybe that could make a diff.

Yes, it’s definitely a 1983, and on its original 3/4 ton chassis, due to the 5 lug front end, but has the upgraded 6 lug rear from the axle recall. The only listed PS Pump I have located was one used on the Toyota PU in 1983, and not the one that’s on my motor home, nor is the mounting bracket the same. It's definitely different, I just don't know if it was put on by National RV as an upgrade modification due to the added weight being put on the steering, or if someone else installed it before I bought it. Needless to say, if it's the latter I will have to really do some research to find out what they put on there, but my main desire is to know if anyone has had the same type of situation, or if anyone knows whether an upgraded pump was a mod by Dolphin? Thanks 90....

awhile back, someone posted on this site about a company that had bought out a lot of national rv stuff when they closed. maybe someone here can repost or direct you to that posting. they may have the answer or even a part.

There were many different pumps I would try some one like NAPA with the pump in hand they have pictures of the pumps they all look pretty much the same but different mounting and fitting placement. Before you condemn the pump I would check the screen inside the tank it is very fine and prone to plugging up with age and starving the pump for oil. The pumps will be Toyota the coach makers only bought rolling chassis.

There were many different pumps I would try some one like NAPA with the pump in hand they have pictures of the pumps they all look pretty much the same but different mounting and fitting placement. Before you condemn the pump I would check the screen inside the tank it is very fine and prone to plugging up with age and starving the pump for oil. The pumps will be Toyota the coach makers only bought rolling chassis.

Thanks, I have done all the maintenance suggested, the pump is leaking from around the bearing seal, and it holds fluid for awhile, but eventually leaks out. I have tried a number of sealant fluids such as Lucas Oil and Gunk to remedy the situation, but no luck, it is just wearing out. I will try NAPA with the pump in hand as suggested, maybe they can be of more help than the shop. Thanks!

If all else fails, google power steering pump rebuilders.