i have never done the full floting yet but all the other toyotas used the comen star wheel brake adjuster jack it up then behind the tire there are small slots often have removable rubber plugs you might be able to use a flat screwdriver to turn the star whell a few clcks at a time spin the tire and turn tell the brake shoes just barley rub you DO NOT WANT THE TIRE TO BE TOO TIGHT TO TURN BY HAND. A MUCH BETTER TOOL IS KNOWN AS A BRAKE SPOON LOOKS LIKE A BENT UP SCREWDRIVER ON BOTH ENDS WITH NO HANDLE makes it much easer

Scroll up the the pinned post about LSPV that may be your problem and not the actual adjustment of the rear brakes.

Thought they adjusted on there own by driving 5-10mph in reverse and hitting the brake hard. If you just did a brake job it can take 10-15 times from what I've read online. Good luck

ACTUALY a lot of the toyotas adjust also by using the parking brake somtimes auto adjust gets stuck full of dust or rust but this doesnt sound like a ajustment problem maybe . a lot of american brakes adjust as you describe i will look at fsbook

The automatic adjusters only keep you from losing brakes from lack of adjustment (crude adjustment at best). If they are in need of adjustment your brake pedal will be low but hard. Why did he fail the inspection because of low pedal? They couldn't charge much to adjust let them do it and give you a sticker they are the same as any thing else with rear drums just have two wheels on each side.