Added headroom

I didn't think this appropriate for the 'Improvements' Section.

"When I bought the motorhome, the previous owners had not maintained the roof and it was leaking. I hired a carpenter to replace the roof on the motorhome, but learned after the fact that he really wasn't qualified to do this type of work. The roof was built using 2x6's all around the top of the motorhome and using several pieces of corrugated steel for the roof. It is very sturdy and you could work with it, though it is not currently watertight. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110873308045&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

post-3557-0-55592200-1336058477_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-12579300-1336058535_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-12767100-1336058674_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-41938000-1336058848_thumb.jp

post-3557-0-46461000-1336058953_thumb.jp

Looks like the walls could colapse any minute. Strange what people do. I saw one in Santa Cruz last weekend with a huge platform on the roof. Looked like a deck and just as heavy but no ladder to access.

Linda S

I didn't think this appropriate for the 'Improvements' Section.

"When I bought the motorhome, the previous owners had not maintained the roof and it was leaking. I hired a carpenter to replace the roof on the motorhome, but learned after the fact that he really wasn't qualified to do this type of work. The roof was built using 2x6's all around the top of the motorhome and using several pieces of corrugated steel for the roof. It is very sturdy and you could work with it, though it is not currently watertight. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/...behind%3AUS%3A1123

too bad he sort of messed it up. hopefully someone comes along and removed and replaces with a descent roof. from things posted here it is certainly doable for someone handy with patience.

Just in case you want some ideas

someone who owned mine mini before me replaced the whole roof with a one piece aluminum roof , replaced the floors and ceiling at the same time and post-3969-0-17824900-1336063634_thumb.jpdid a really nice job , if you would like me to send you more pictures i can

Edited by Chattycat52

I think the owner did it himself and now that he is forced to sell he is blaming "the carpenter" I mean who in their right minds would allow someone to do this and pay them for it or not be somewhat involved while it is being done!!??

but hey, the brightside is when parked he has a portable dance floor, lookout platform or mobile helicopter landing pad!! or some fire wood at his next camp out!!