Front Bench Seat

mickeypl

need to find out what holds the roof up besides sky hooks. i would do a section at a time, if rot is bad inside the walls the inside paneling might be the only thing holding the roof up. think i saw a picture somewhere here or the yahoo site where vertical 2/4's with cross piece on top was used to hold up the roof while the wall was being removed and replaced. of course this is assuming it's "stick built"

Has anyone tried installing "bench seats" in the cab? This way more than two people can seat in the cab :) I am not even sure if this is legal?!

Into a motorhome? There will a number of different seats the bolt in, It depends which year/generation cab you own. Most Toyota RV cabs are single cabs and most single cabs have bench seats so they should bolt right in a RV. Legal is a whole other issue. That is going to depend on where you live and who insures you.

my 88 4wd xtra cab has a stock 60 40 split back bench seat . even has a center seat belt for what i dont know you would have one leg on the gas and one on the right side thers no room in front of the floor levers at all . maybe a three pound dog could ride there maybe. we have a 87 dolphin colium automatic with buckets . the buckets are much more comfortable. could got buckets in my truck 100 times i wish i had. but it would work better with a colium shift.

I have a 60/40 bench in my Ford Ranger which is wider than the cab of my Toyota. It is not comfortable to sit three people in the Ranger, but most of my friends are the same size as I am at 6' & 200 pounds. Even with my 120 pound wife in the middle it is crowded. With me in the Ranger and my 6 & 7 yr old grandkids if works ok for a short time.

You might consider that three people in the front seat will be very crowded.

ALSO - climbing over the seat to get in and out of the coach will be a challenging task, to say the least.

Often, my passengers sit in the back (there are seat belts on all the seats), play cards, catch a nap, watch TV or DVD, make a sandwich or get something to drink, or simply gaze out the windows.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I saw a Nissan Sunrader once with a bench seat that would move forward and then the back went down to make a child size bed.

Seat belts for 3 in the front so your kid could sit with you. Only one I've ever seen like it. Unfortunately the rear had been wrecked

LS

ALSO - climbing over the seat to get in and out of the coach will be a challenging task, to say the least.

Often, my passengers sit in the back (there are seat belts on all the seats), play cards, catch a nap, watch TV or DVD, make a sandwich or get something to drink, or simply gaze out the windows.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

True, but the my rig has rear dinette with not so good bench seats. It drives very well and smoothly but a little bumpy in the back, although on the highway should not be bad. I guess I could make the back bench seats a little more comfortable!

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

post-6026-0-06121100-1332474655_thumb.jp