Gas Cap Replacement

waiter

How many gas caps have you bought for your Toyhouse? :unsure:

We won't ask "Why" you bought the cap(s), I mean, they sometimes go bad, right?

Personally, I bought only 1 :clown2:

HOWEVER, I just heard that my Brother in law also bought one (They borrowed my Toyhouse for a vacation in Alabama). I was told to make sure I remind him of this because I specifically told him that when he stops for gas and removes the cap, to open the side door and put the cap on the floor inside the coach. (I'll fess up, I would have had to buy two more if I hadn't started doing that.)

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

With nice shinny new gas cap

My remedy. I have a locking gas cap and now leave the key, with my ignition key attached, in the cap and set it on top of the pump while I fuel up. Can't start vehicle and leave with out replacing gas cap.:ThumbUp:

I attached a stainless steel fishing leader to the gas cap with a po rivet and attached the other end to one of the screws next to the gas fill.

My remedy. I have a locking gas cap and now leave the key, with my ignition key attached, in the cap and set it on top of the pump while I fuel up. Can't start vehicle and leave with out replacing gas cap.:ThumbUp:

My answer too. :ThumbUp:

Hi all ! haven't posted for a while but still visit this great site weekly. Yes we have lost our gas cap once or twice!!! the last time we where down in Baja Mex, we used a rag stuffed into the filler pipe for quite a while down there, an opportunist gas attendant sold us one eventually, but not a good fit, but the best that he had, when we got home I tried the gas cap off an old Mazda pickup we have sitting around, was a perfect fit! I like Bob C's method, think I will try that, thanks Bob. Mike

I carry a spare under the dinette seat. I have had my toy for two summers now and still have not lost the cap once. That's because I learned the hard way replacing the cap on a Renault LeCar three times.

• 2 months later...

I have lost two it's now chained to the body with a nice little short chain. I stopped once never left the MH could not find the cap the guy and his daughter's riding with me and the station attendant looked for 15 minutes for it finally we gave up and put one on from a Chevy that some one else had left.