Refrigerator

rondame

Just turn on the Refer yesterday for a trip tomorrow and today got the dreaded ammonia  smell.  It is a 91 motorhome,  will now be looking for a new one.  Anyone out there have a suggestion as to where to buy the lowest cost and best one.

rdame@atmc.net

Kind of depends on where you are but lowest prices I've seen are from PPL motorhome parts in Texas, Google it, even paying the shipping.

If your fridge is still in good shape otherwise look into getting a new cooling unit. Cost about half the price and last or years.

I had my cooling unit replaced almost 7 years ago and still works fine,

LS

Just turn on the Refer yesterday for a trip tomorrow and today got the dreaded ammonia smell. It is a 91 motorhome, will now be looking for a new one. Anyone out there have a suggestion as to where to buy the lowest cost and best one.

rdame@atmc.net

As for new on es th ere are only two companys that make them Norcold in the USA and Dometic a Sweadish Company

I replaced a 2410 from PPL last year.

Did you leave your camper parked un level.

It amazes me how many RV's are parked not-level.

What type camper - what refrig do you need?

Just turn on the Refer yesterday for a trip tomorrow and today got the dreaded ammonia smell. It is a 91 motorhome, will now be looking for a new one. Anyone out there have a suggestion as to where to buy the lowest cost and best one.

rdame@atmc.net

Some RV surplus places will have refrig at nice prices but you would be limited two ways. First is selection, they only have whatever they have and can't order anything. Second is that most do not ship, you have to buy over the counter. I don't know your location but there are 5 or 6 such places within 30 miles of each other from White Pigeon MI on the east to Elkhart IN on the west. I saw some 10 days ago at Johnson's Surplus outside of White Pigeon for under $500 (if I remember right). Ph 269-483-2249

My son helped us get our new 3 way norcold on line out of Clafornia from american Rv . com as it is the smallest model they make and that is the only size that fits the old minimax it came by u p s he says the shelves are more flexable then his Dometic of the same size cost 650 dollers