Cut Propane line

Is it the copper line?

If so, if there's enough left, you could get a dual compression fitting union. (compression fittings on both ends)

clean any burs from the ends of the tubes, slide them into the compression fittings, tighten them up, check for leaks. :ThumbUp:

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Hi--if you cut the copper line, it would be best to trace it back to a connection and replace that section back to that point. You can buy a flaring tool and do the job right. Only flared fittings are tight enough for propane. Run a new copper line from the connection to where you want it. If this is beyond your ability, take it to a pro--propane is nothing to mess with.

you should be able to use a compression fitting.......the propane past the regulator is low pressure 5 psi or less.......i have seen compression fittings used on brake lines (over 1000 psi) though not legal to connect brake lines with compression fittings in most states, i still see it all the time.

You need to replace the entire line. It is not legal to have patched lines inside the RV. Be safe and do it right

LS

While renovating i on purpose hack sawed a gas line leading to stove. Any tips on how to get that flange like end? So I can hook line back up. Thanks for any suggestions

yep its a copper pipe gas line. I have removed and am not replacing the hot water heater but have yet to remove its gas line. So while im at it, maybe ill just replace cut line/pipe. They must lead to a junction fitting at propane tank.Thanks all

Another option (I got the valves but haven't done it yet) is to buy ball valves with compression fittings. Cut the copper tube and install the ball valve. I was going to do this when I removed my Furnace to replace the blower, but had purchased the wrong size valves so I didn't do it. The valves would allow me to turn off gas to appliances and still be able to operate everything else.

Not a big priority.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

you can not be safe enough with propane a flaring tool for copper tube is a must i own one they are easy to use and cost about Twenty dollors a great tool to have in your box old forge is a good brand I would never never use compression fittings under any circumstance t iten the flare fittings very tite

Me I would double flare it! Over tightened copper will crack at the taper if they are not double flaired. If you had a stove and a furnace some where there is a "T" joint they do make plugs (caps) for tapered fittings. Not sure about your little one but a lot of the bigger Toy homes had black iron gas pipe running aft then copper to the appliances.