Dometic 2410 frig

Ron 'n Sue

We have a '91 Winnebago Warrior with a Dometic 2410 frig.

We inadvertently left it (on electric) set at '3' for several days with very little left inside. When getting ready for our next trip, we discovered the few things left inside were frozen solid. We turned it off then decided to let it defrost which only took a little while.

We then set it to '2', and found after a few hours that things were still freezing. '1' seems a little low, but it didn't seem to freeze everything, but some things were still frozen, (celery, onions, little carrots).

We have not tested it under gas operation yet.

The troubleshooting list suggests the thermostat could be the problem.

One of the problems is that access to the back of the frig is behind the gas leak testing apparatus. Possibly a gas service person will need to remove that so that access to the frig parts is possible?

Anybody have any suggestions on how we might correct this problem with the thermostat?

Help would certainly be appreciated.

Ron & Sue

in Toy-Rig

I just had to have the thermostat replaced in my new norcold under warenty the problem was the gas thermostat they kept it for a week and tested the full range of operation both gas and eletric eletric was ok but i had the same problem but on the gas side it froze everything blue a can of pop all over inside and blu the door open can look like gun shot wide open aubreys rv in yakima wa state you need an r v applince person or r v shop

The fridges cool to a temp below ambient temp when it's cool out they really work really good too good some times I have had to turn mine to all most off to keep from freezing the milk when it's cold out and about give up when it's 40 outside.

Yes the did tell me i would have to turn it of some times on cool nights but in my case testing at Aubreys Rv indecated a problem as well in acret thermostat allway down it still ran likewide open

• 4 months later...

We have a '91 Winnebago Warrior with a Dometic 2410 frig.

We inadvertently left it (on electric) set at '3' for several days with very little left inside. When getting ready for our next trip, we discovered the few things left inside were frozen solid. We turned it off then decided to let it defrost which only took a little while.

We then set it to '2', and found after a few hours that things were still freezing. '1' seems a little low, but it didn't seem to freeze everything, but some things were still frozen, (celery, onions, little carrots).

We have not tested it under gas operation yet.

The troubleshooting list suggests the thermostat could be the problem.

One of the problems is that access to the back of the frig is behind the gas leak testing apparatus. Possibly a gas service person will need to remove that so that access to the frig parts is possible?

Anybody have any suggestions on how we might correct this problem with the thermostat?

Help would certainly be appreciated.

Ron & Sue

in Toy-Rig

Addendum to above:

We bit the bullet and had the thermostat replaced. Would be nice if we could do these things ourselves, but.... It cost us a total of $325. but that's including our stupid HST of 12%. Luckily the thermostat for the Dometic frg was still available.

Toy-Rig

Another way to help prevent freezing is to install a fridge alarm.

you can set the high and low. and then act accordingly.

Also a fan in the fridge helps keep the air moving thus preventing cold spots that freeze.

Camco make one with 2 d cells. A guy online at ebay sells one that connects to 12 v.

Soory about the cost we are also retired .but a new one is abouy 1000 that size the smallest is 700.