Roof Air Replacement - '92 Winnebago Warrior

The compressor's gone out on a Coleman Mini Mach 6727 and I'm getting a replacement. It's a '92 Winnebago Warrior and Camping World is suggesting $951.22 with tax and installation for a Coleman Mach 3.

First off - do I need a Mach 3? Second - seems like a radical mark-up, even for Camping World, when I go to look at them at online supply stores. Am i better off buying one and then taking it somewhere to have it installed?

Thanks for any help! -

Rita's Dad

Yes. It's an easy job and I think you should be able to do better on the price.

The big problem is getting the new one on the roof and the old one off. The actual install is easy.

• 4 weeks later...

this can be done for a lot less $$$. How I got it up the roof was wrapping it on a blacket, tight the ropes together and pull it up.

Excuse my ignorance but how many BTU does this unit deliver? Bigger units draw more electricity and can be hard to start each time they cycle. I have heard 10,000 BTU is about normal but many prefer the 14,000 for really hot days. Will you be always plugging in to shore power or using a generator? How big the generator? My unit is only 7,000 BTU and not really comfortable on a really hot day, BUT I can always run it with a 50 foot medium duty cord plugged into an ordinary 15 amp outlet (such as in my in-laws' driveway) and my Honda EU2000i generator has never had a problem cycling the A/C.

The 7,000's work they are better then a fan and they do reduce the humidity mine was not much better then 10-15 degrees below out side air and 15 only in the shade. but if you really want to be cool then it's the 14,000. It will require 20 amps so no adapters and a hardy generator.