The webber has a good reliable repution i have a webber on my 1978 20r minimax i also had a webber on a 1974 datsun b 210 if you look on the yota tec site mabe yoda i dont remmber you should find more info the carb dealer should setyou up with the right jets and manofold addapter if needed and the air filter on all 1970 era datsuns that was the only answer as the hitache or suckotache carbs all junk is that the one that set a long time you would need a complete redo all the toyota carbs seem to have been pretty good i did do some work on some older toyota carbs if your not in a smog test area the webber is good to consider

YesYou had better the webber is good but i am pretty shure it would not pass smog i rember that was said on the other site carb rebuilding is complex

Weber is a good carb very simple the Toyota carb is also a good one though very complex. The emission standards only apply to the year of manufacture in other words it does not have to be as clean as a "93" just an "84" you may get by with a Weber but it also maybe a expensive experiment. If you had access to a gas analyzer you could make it pass with a few little tricks. Weber's have a huge range of jets and charts and I'm sure it could be dialed in but it might require some one with a good knowledge of carbs to do it.

The Weber passes emissions here in Oregon, but all they look for is a cat with a mirror under the vehicle, and that it passes an exhaust sniffer - they don't open the hood. My Corona passed two years ago with a Crane (TRD) stage 2 cam and ported and polished 20R head. I'm going through this week, so we'll see if it passes with a Comp 280S cam!

The Weber is very simple, and if you can play with the jetting, can net a very clean exhaust and great fuel mileage, besides getting rid of the spaghetti factory of vacuum lines under the hood. There is also an "emissions" version. eBay has about the best prices for the complete carb kit - about $275 with adapter plates, air filter...

I went for the stock look with the air filter though - which keeps the heater on the cold air snorkel.

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

• 4 months later...