holding tank repair

LDK

A corner on the bottom the black water tank below the toilet has cracks in a corner and is seeping when very full. Yikes. How to repair? Also, as far as I can see there is only one holding tank in this rig ('84 Dolphin) sinks and toilet go into this tank. Is this correct? There is an electrical monitoring panel which features black, gray and fresh water. Is anyone well versed on how this puppy works please? Thanks. Found this little cream puff with only 25K miles on her!

If its cracks, you might try Bondo. (I've never repaired my tanks so take with a grain of salt. Although this would be an attempt I would try.

The area must be clean and rough. Clean as in no dirt, oil, etc, etc etc. Rough as in, after its clean, use #120 sand paper and sand the entire repaire area.

Mix up some Bondo, squeegee it on, place some of the screen stuff to reinforce the repair. let cure.

The other stuff I would try would be JB weld if the cracks are small.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Body shops these days repair plastic bumpers they actually weld them not sure how they do it but I have seen the repairs it maybe worth asking a body shop if they could weld your tank.

If the tanks are abs like black drain abs type plastic i have fixed those abs junk plastic whell covers tabs never came off agin black abs pipe glue used on a car grill also i also made my own dump valve extender same pipe same glue needs to be dry no wet that link looks like asom good stuff thanks

This method works very well. You make a slurry of abs shavings and abs glue. I used a rasp fitting on my drill and ground up a 1 dollar abs fitting I bought at the hardware store.Mix in a disposable foil pan, dollar store. Paint onto area where it's cracked. Press into it very open weave figerglass mat. Paint over again until completely covered. You have to work very quickly so have everything cut to fit and ready. Fiberglass doesn't stick to abs but the open weave supports the abs gunk and your basically making brand new abs over the crack. Will last as long as your tank.

LS

A corner on the bottom the black water tank below the toilet has cracks in a corner and is seeping when very full. Yikes. How to repair? Also, as far as I can see there is only one holding tank in this rig ('84 Dolphin) sinks and toilet go into this tank. Is this correct? There is an electrical monitoring panel which features black, gray and fresh water. Is anyone well versed on how this puppy works please? Thanks. Found this little cream puff with only 25K miles on her!

• 4 months later...