Driveway Ramps

SqueezerBob

Recently bought a 92 Warrior and love it! One of only a few problems - "Irv" scrapes bottom getting in and out of our driveway. Are there ramps or planks out there made to level between street and driveway? Any hints as to where to start? Or even what they're called?

Pump your air bags up to max and see what happens. Also see exactly what is dragging, maybe it can be changed.

Changing the slope of a driveway is a concrete redo job

Unless you take a lot of pride in your lawn just cut across at an angle. Or just drop some pieces of 2 x 4 in the dip to keep her from bottoming out. Worked for me when storing Big Betsy at a friends house.

Cut a couple 2x4 or 2x6 about 18 inches long, Use them to get in/out of the driveway, then store them in the generator compartment and use as level blocks or blocks if you need to jack the RV.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 1 month later...

As WME notes, check your air bags because with a 92 model, it is probably time for replacement. After replacing ours last year, we don't drag on anything where we used to have to watch out for "problem" entrances to gas stations and parking lots.

Mine will drag, unless I approach at an angle. So backing out or coming in is always at an angle. No problems, any more. :)