Water Tank Release

Julian

Hi,

I just bought a 1984 Sunrader and the appliance water pump is leaking (non-functional). Until I can replace it or stop the leak, do any of you have a guess as to whether or not there is some type of manual release (or where I might look) so I can empty the rest of the water in the water tank without having to run it through the system (i.e. without having to use the pump). Thanks for your help!

Julian

My 87 Dolphin has one. It is a mini-spicket on the outside, about two feet from the water tank fill and lower down. This drain is not built into the tank. There is a short hose that runs from the bottom of the tank to the spicket. Try crawling underneath and looking at the bottom and lower sides of the water tank. If you can't find a drain try looking for a low-point drain in the pipes down-flow from the pump. It would be at floor level and there would be a pipe going down thru the floor to let the water outside. Mine has a 'T' shaped handle that pulls straight up about 3/8 of an inch. If you find such a drain there is a chance that water will pass thru your pump to the low-point drain, even with the pump off. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

My 87 Dolphin has one. It is a mini-spicket on the outside, about two feet from the water tank fill and lower down. This drain is not built into the tank. There is a short hose that runs from the bottom of the tank to the spicket. Try crawling underneath and looking at the bottom and lower sides of the water tank. If you can't find a drain try looking for a low-point drain in the pipes down-flow from the pump. It would be at floor level and there would be a pipe going down thru the floor to let the water outside. Mine has a 'T' shaped handle that pulls straight up about 3/8 of an inch. If you find such a drain there is a chance that water will pass thru your pump to the low-point drain, even with the pump off. Good luck.

I have a 1985 Dolphin with the same outside spigot. It drains my tank just fine every Fall when I winterize. Here's a picture, (I hope)

post-2678-061343700 1289149191_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I just bought a 1984 Sunrader and the appliance water pump is leaking (non-functional). Until I can replace it or stop the leak, do any of you have a guess as to whether or not there is some type of manual release (or where I might look) so I can empty the rest of the water in the water tank without having to run it through the system (i.e. without having to use the pump). Thanks for your help!

Julian

There should be a little ring release valve somewhere near the water tank outlet. In my 18 foot Sunrader it's between the tank and the water pump. It will drain your tanl onto the ground. I just replaced my water pump too. 50 bucks on ebay.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...