What is level regarding your refer

If you are facing the front of your refer, left to right is the most critical. That said here are 3 different bullseye levels side by side setting on a counter top. You pick which one is correct if you have only one! You should find level first on your freezer tray then match it to somewhere on a countertop. But as you can see not all bullseye levels tell the truth!
image.jpeg

very good point.   i use an app on my phone -laser level.   just always put it in the same place on the counter

I'd like to have a bubble level up at the driver's seat, as that's when I want the information - as I'm moving back and forth to find a level spot.  We camp 90% of the time on rough ground, or unimproved camp grounds that don't have level pavement parking spots.  My plan is once it's built I will find level on the cooktop/counter top as nothing's more annoying than having a large frypan with oil all sitting pooled at one edge.  Then I'll move to the driver's seat and mount a simple solid bracket with a bubble level attached where I can look straight down at it, adjust things until it also shows level.  That will be my "level" from then on.  From my research, the fridge has some allowed tolerance to perfectly level and when I install it, I'll shim it to the counter/cooktop's version of level so they also match.  Don't want crooked ice cubes, dont'cha know!!?  Heh.

• 4 weeks later...

Those levels are notoriously inaccurate.  Best way I've found is to check fore-aft for level, then spin it around 180 degrees and see if the reading is the same.  When you get one that reads the same when reversed, then check the side-to-side axis the same way.  Out of half a dozen of them, you might get lucky and find one accurate in both.  Fortunately they're cheap.

If you only have one, you can just reverse it and figure it's level when it's off the same amount in both directions

I guess if you're mounting it permanently, you could just use a real level to level the coach fore-aft and side to side, then shim the cheap level so it reads correctly when mounted..

Usually I don't worry about it much unless things are noticeably off, and my refrigerator always seems to work fine on propane, usually more likely to get too cold rather than anything else.