Does anyone know how the Sunrader bathroom unit attaches to the floor?

IdahoDoug

I would like to move mine so I can refloor 100%, versus leave the old floor under it.  The wood is fine, just a preference and likely will get more strength with modern marine grade ply.  At first, I was afraid it was attached to the ceiling which would have been a major bummer with my roof raising intention.  But it's not - I can lift the roof above it.  But if I could drag it to the rear to refloor the front, then put it back in place that would be the best.   Hoping it was not fiberglassed to the floor, but really can't tell and I don't want to start prying and break a bond I can't reproduce. Thanks!

Toyoguy removed his bathroom to replace his floor tnen put it back. You can look him up and message him. 

First order of course is removing all the plumbing connections. Toilet threshold, shower drain and sink pipes.

Pretty sure after those are out you will get a better idea of what else might be holding it.

No brackets or feet except for the leveling pieces I see at the front. Metal yardstick slipped underneath will help you find possible attachments

Linda S

Ack!  I was laying in bed last night thinking....thinking....thinking about this.  Have had a busy day and just now ran out in the cold to see something.  Yep, my bad.  The window frame is holding the fiberglas assembly in place.  Good advice, Linda - classic forgotten connection here.  Hoping to get it loose tonight but unlikely as I have a commit.  Thanks!

OK, still need some real-time help/advice on the bath unit removal.  Now it's the toilet that is giving me fits.  I removed the toilet, removed the rubber sealing ring, and now there's a heavy black plastic ring that was held into the fiberglas floor with 8 screws.  I removed the screws and cut the silicone sealant slathered all around and under the heavy ring and it *should* be loose.  However, serious prying is not moving it and I don't want to break anything.  

This heavy ring seems one piece with the large diameter black plastic pipe that goes directly into the black water tank.  They move together when I pry, and I can wiggle the ring side to side versus the floor - indicating there is no locking ring underneath the bath floor holding it together.  Takes some force to do that, but I guess I'm satisfied there is no ring under there because the large black pipe has to come up to allow the bath to be removed - which is the only way you'd get to the underside to access a locking ring.  Unless you lowered the bath into the motorhome before installing the roof, which I'm REALLY hoping is not the case....

I crawled underneath and where the large black pipe enters the black water tank there is no locking ring - just a bit of caulking at the joint.  So I'm kinda confident in prying more.  What say the collective?  

***** UPDATE.  So there is a ring where the black pipe enters the black water tank.  I brushed off the area with a toothbrush and discovered 4 bolts with a mirror upside down looking with a flashlight.  20 minutes of trying to figure the right size going blind with my arm up there and just feeling each socket, picking the one that fit snugly, spinning a wrench with 1/100 of a turn, etc (the usual tight spaces jiggy dance) got me zero movement.  Great - stripped?  Brighter flashlight, pull the jack out in the dark and lift the Sunrader for a better angle.  Argh - rivet looking circle type fastener.  Now I'm totally stumped.  What's a rivet doing on this location and now do I have to drop the entire black water tank? Does this lock the pipe in somehow?  Or does it mean I have to separate something up higher at the bathroom floor level? Help!

Edited by IdahoDoug

OK.  Still at a loss.  Here's what I'm up against.  Up top against the floor is indeed a locking ring of some sort on the bottom of the bathroom floor.  As the pipe coming down fills almost the entire hole as it passes through the floor proper about 3 inches down from that, I can't possibly get up there to loosen the ring.  

So, I'm removing the blackwater tank.  That's not happening either as the pipe appears somehow secured to the tank as well.  Atop the tank where the pipe comes into it is a thin ring with 4 circular metal items that look like a giant rivet.  Here's a photo:

image.jpeg.ddd2eb4e055c6ac85eab7683d05f37ae.jpeg

In the photo it DOES appear vaguely to be a nut but I assure it is not.  The straight line marks are from me tightly forcing a socket onto it when I thought it was a hex nut.  Turned out to be round, so take my word for it.  I do not see any indication I can spin the ring to let holes in the ring line up and release.  At a loss. 

I released the black water tank's straps and am prying/pulling down so hard expecting the tank to simply pull down off the pipe but it will not.  I'm using lots of leverage with a 2X4 to spread the load and I'm pulling so hard I'm worried I will pop a hole in the top of the tank.  It's not simply sitting in that ring - something physical is holding it that I've never encountered.

Has anyone encountered this before?  I'm at an impasse where I simply cannot get the pipe to release from either the tank or the floor of the bathroom unit.  Help!

Victory!  Was able to loosen the upper ring.  I put paint dots on the pipe entering the tank and the pieces and just started hammering and going under to see what I was rotating.  Turns out I was able to rotate the hard thick plastic toilet retaining ring and the lockring under it stayed put fortunately.  When I reassemble, I'll glue that lock ring in place as it would be just my luck it would start slipping when trying to bang the hard thick plastic toilet retaining ring and I wouldn't get it properly tight.  Phew!  Should be back at it after dinner and move the bathroom by tonight.

Hey Idaho,

Take lotsa pictures when it's apart and you're in process.

Some day 10 yrs from now, somebody's going to ask you how to do it. ;)

BR,

TG