Anyone replaced windows with bigger ones?

psxpak

I'm thinking of replacing my side by side vertical orientation windows with a massive 60"x30" that will extend past both holes and the narrow side windows over the cab with 42" x 12" ones. has anyone done anything like this? it takes alot of the real estate up so I'm wondering if theres any crucial support between the windows that I shouldn't remove or if the windows are structurally sound enough to support what might come out.

20230930_172801.jpg

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder,  but I really like the dual vertical windows on your machine. Of course the beauty of owning one of these is making it however you like. Yours looks great the way it currently sits IMO (and I know you didn't ask). 

Ya I don't really hate the windows at all but during the paint project I masked off the glass and primed and painted the siding and window frames then masked around the windows and sprayed the frames within the chemical bond re-coat time. unfortunately I mixed epoxy primer activator into my paint on the frames instead of hardener by mistake (I have a lot of materials in my shop) so the paint on the frames never got hard. to fix it I had to pull the windows out of the camper and remove the paint. I used lacquer thinner first which thinned it and spread it everywhere and made a huge mess. I wasn't happy with it so I pulled the rubber glass retaining seal and masked and sandblasted. Its really hard to mask in a way that a sandblaster won't blow off or through. as a result I hit the glass in a couple places. So now I have thinned paint (that I can remove with acetone) on the glass and a couple of fogged glass spots. It was really a huge bummer as i spent every weekend all spring and summer working on it as well as 2 weeks of vacation time. the mistake set me back literally months. When I put new black rubber retention trim in some spots did not fit in tight, no idea how the old ones did in those spots where the glass was set to far to one side or another, even trying to reinstall the old trim it was loose in those spots, i Wonder if they glued em in those spots when installing, that's what I did, used weatherstrip adhesive to make it hold. So after all of this headache I guess I kinda don't like them anymore haha. On top of all that they dont open or close well at all, never did. some have screws on the frame around the slider broke off from someone probably trying to open the stuck windows, I fixed one and it was a difficult process to drill out the old screw way up in there and get a new one to bite.