New after market Mirrors

I put my mirrors on today. I tried to make a time lapse video but my camera battery died.. Usually I have an external power source attached to it for 8-11 hour days doing concrete work but figured the internal battery could do an hour or 2 but i guess not. The mirrors are just cheap semi truck style universal mirrors from Amazon. I'm gonna take them back off and replace the mirror itself with better quality ones from Napa since they have pretty good ones there but the mounting hardware is all installed and adjusted. I'm also Going to paint the new mirror back and mounting hardware black to match the rest of the RV. I'll probably do it when i pull the rack and paint it and the ladder.

20230917_182405.jpg

20230917_182415.jpg

20230917_182440.jpg

oooh i see you have the lovely brown plaid as original.  seats the same?  the door panels are just covers over the stock stuff.

3 minutes ago, extech said:

oooh i see you have the lovely brown plaid as original.  seats the same?  the door panels are just covers over the stock stuff.

Yea and it's all in really good condition. she's only got 45K miles and was 1 owner that was 71 when he bought it.

got the frameas painted. didnt do the mirrors still kind of up in the air about it

20230922_193549.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So, do these new mirrors wiggle?  My original mirrors seem in fine shape, and tight, but the entire structure constantly shudders and wiggles.  Again - nothing's loose or damaged. The movement seems to come from the mounting locations as if the door sheetmetal is too flimsy.  So I'm curious if these truck style ones are rock solid, or not?  

17 minutes ago, IdahoDoug said:

So, do these new mirrors wiggle?  My original mirrors seem in fine shape, and tight, but the entire structure constantly shudders and wiggles.  Again - nothing's loose or damaged. The movement seems to come from the mounting locations as if the door sheetmetal is too flimsy.  So I'm curious if these truck style ones are rock solid, or not?  

I actually havn't gotten it out on the road yet since installing them. the feel pretty solid from grabbing them and giving em the push pull. I figure they shouldn't wiggle much with all the mount points. I'll let ya know though when I get it out on the road.