Try an online service manual to find your exact torque settings.  Thats a pretty critical component and deserves careful attention.  Diff internals also often spec a thread locker as they are subject to component-flexing forces that loosen fasteners.

i simply zipped mine down with a small 3/8" impact and then probably hand tightened/checked them.  20-30 ft lbs is about right.  It isn't a super critical number.  Now you didn't specify, but I believe you are referring to the outer pumpkin nuts?  The internal specs are VERY critical, don't guess on those.  

If you need internal specs and can't find them, hit us back up with year, model etc and I will see if I can log into Allldata or Identafix from home.  If you just swapped the whole pumpkin assembly, then you  shouldn't have messed with anything critical for torque specs.  

Wont he also need a super critical pinion crush sleeve number if that was disturbed?  Maybe clarify what you did as there are some absolutes with diffs needing tending to.