I have a1990 Warrior v6. It needs a new steering damper. Hard to find besides Toyota. One end on the damper is a ball joint fitting the other is a straight bolt.I have a damper where one end is like a rear shock hole that a bolt would have to go through.Would this work instead of the ball joint version? One mechanic says it would work.If this would work I will need to find the right size tapered bolt, like the tapered bolt in the ball joint,because the hole on the rv is tapered.Anyone know where to get the right damper or the tapered bolt?

There is an after market generic replacement with it's own brackets. If I remember correctly, it had a rubber bushing in place of the ball joint. I used one on my first Toyhome. It costs much less than the Toyota one. I'll tell you one thing though. The exact Toyota replacement is much better quality.

Be careful it has to be exactly the same length or you may get an unwanted surprise when you try to make a turn. It may bottom out and you will not be able to steer around the corner. Many after market outfits sell them it’s best not to experiment with steering parts. OEM defiantly would be the way to go.

www.partstrain.com has "Direct replacement" KYB and "fits the following vin's " Monroe. Both around $34.00

• 2 years later...

nEVER PUT ONE ON THE MOTER HOME YET . BUT ON MY 884WD XTRA CAB I THOUGHT THE STEARING BOX WAS SLOPY. PUT ON NEW STEARING DAMPER FROM lES SHUAB WHAT A DIFFERANCE 100 PERCENT DIFFERANCE IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF XTRA SIDE TO SIDE PLAY AT DEAD CENTER IT CAN BE THE DAMPER