I have A bad valve extension anybody have any ideas? It's like it's got a little Spring assembly. And I can't find the original part seems to be discontinued

one of these?  available wherever semi tires are delt with

20230622_091722.jpg

1 minute ago, extech said:

one of these?  available wherever semi tires are delt with

20230622_091722.jpg

No the one that's on. It is all metal with some sort of ring ring welded on to the rim with a retaining Spring behind it.

6 minutes ago, linda s said:

You need to show us a picture. The only pics of Dolphin extensions I can find are clearly flexible extensions that go into a bracket on the outside of the wheel to hold them securely. 

Linda S

Copied_Item_1687455684614.png.9c262b9316ad64356ed86cfb92f6dcaa.png

OK so bad news. From the diagram you are showing that is a factory Toyota valve extension. On the inside wheel only right. Not made for many years and I've never seen anything similar. My Sunrader has the same original extensions.

Linda S

4 minutes ago, linda s said:

OK so bad news. From the diagram you are showing that is a factory Toyota valve extension. On the inside wheel only right. Not made for many years and I've never seen anything similar. My Sunrader has the same original extensions.

Linda S

I'm not understanding how the Spring comes out. I pulled the little washer off the front side that snaps in and then a plastic. Please step fixed inside that retainer ring but the Spring will come through there once it's out. I'm not concerned with keeping it all original just finding something that works

Been a long time since I had to deal with these and I can't look at the install without removing my outside rear tire.

Your tire must already be off. Show me to jog my memory. Spring either pushes down or lets it lift up to attach to wheel rim. Don't remember which way. 

Linda S

4 hours ago, linda s said:

Been a long time since I had to deal with these and I can't look at the install without removing my outside rear tire.

Your tire must already be off. Show me to jog my memory. Spring either pushes down or lets it lift up to attach to wheel rim. Don't remember which way. 

Linda S

No my tire Is still on there unfortunately. It's the side That had the only use tire on it. and when the guy Change that he had brought to my attention that the Lug nuts might not go back on. Weii he  got them all to go back on by hand I have since ordered  left handed lug nuts but i'm afraid to take that tire off Until I have the money to replace the studs and the bearings and all that and the brakes.

On 6/22/2023 at 6:13 PM, masinoshane said:

No my tire Is still on there unfortunately. It's the side That had the only use tire on it. and when the guy Change that he had brought to my attention that the Lug nuts might not go back on. Weii he  got them all to go back on by hand I have since ordered  left handed lug nuts but i'm afraid to take that tire off Until I have the money to replace the studs and the bearings and all that and the brakes.

20230629_143730.jpg.60fcc52717a34bd3bc6c3c3b680bb06b.jpg

I came up with this on the driver side I went to go to do the other side and I noticed I have a three-hole rim on the driver side and a six hole on the passenger side is that normal I can't get to the one on the passenger side but luckily it's not all mangled up like the one on the driver sideIMG_20230630_110403.jpg.3706198b5ca4ded507985e5c8951b5cf.jpg

Someone must have needed to replace the drivers side wheel and bought what they could find. 

Where did you get that new Toyota extension. As you can see they just screw onto your tire valve stem. Put the new one on and your good to go.

So you didn't take the passenger side wheel off? Yes the 6 hole rims make those extensions harder to reach if the outside wheel is still in place. 

Linda S

Yeah once I got it to a safe place where I had power and a compressor I went ahead and just unscrewed it I I didn't want to mess with it too much while I was out and about  thought that that little retainer ring was welded onto the rim but  it's hooked on and then the spring is maintaining pressure on it to keep it hooked onto the inside of the rim I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not about the new extender but I have a plug and that was the last one he had and most likely the last one in existence no I just took two 1-inch extenders and then right where the two went together was about right where the little clip ring was located and so I was able to assemble it onto the two 1-in extenders it worked out pretty good I sure as hell have learned a lot about tires last couple days I had no idea!! I just keep inching along on this thing I really want to be able to do the back brakes myself I'm pretty sure I can I'm also interested in building my own pressure balancing monitoring system for the rear I saw one that a guy built on this forum that looks pretty cool16881534820979222726858494075913.jpg.aea94017c562bfae97805d7b1841aac0.jpg

just pulled this thing out of the box day before yesterday and smoked the compressor didn't get it to 40 pounds it doesn't work anymore what a piece16881535723135138365551479088485.jpg.9b859e5ef6c44a34b9b3fcb8a836473d.jpg

Bought a 1986 Sun-Land Express in Dec 2022-----tires were 20 years old, all 6 on the vehicle-----mismatched, as well.  Owned a Class B campervan previously, not a knowledgeable Class C owner, particularly about dually issues re: access to the tires for gauge readings, inflation.   Obviously, replaced the tires immediately with an extension added to the inner wheel.  It leaked, still no access to the outer tire.  Got lucky with my local tire/repair shop, eventually.  Jumped onto etrailer.com, located an extension with a 135 degree angle, mechanic approved (he had selected the same item), then installed by a personable but very young staffer.  Week later, the rear outer driver's side tire was thoroughly deflated, but not pancaked, so by way of experimentation, I tried hand-tightening the extension hardware-----of course, it was loose.  Phoned a local road service company-----owner knows what he's doing, so he inflated the tire, tightened the extension with pliers.  Drove to the trusty mechanic/tire expert, who confirmed that the young mechanic who installed my hardware hadn't properly tightened any of it.  Simple fix, in other words-----shouldn't have happened.    Original extensions on my wheels were, in the end, replaced, along with the aged, unsafe tires-----also now optimally, front and rear differentially, inflated.  Might have gained some new learning, so can't complain.  Can you scrap the original hardware, replace it?