Just purchased an 18’ Sunrader. Listed as a 1986, but it turned out to be a 1985 with the dreaded fake duallies. I’ve came across several axles within driving range, but none of them have the wheels. Apparently they all scrap them. Anyone have any or know of any. Thanks Mark

Curious as to how you found these axles. I also can't imagine a salvage yard trashing wheels. They are one of the most popular items at salvage yards. I'm thinking those aren't the correct axles in the first place. Finding several in close proximity anywhere would be very rare. 

I use car-part.com to find parts. I only know your general area, but it searches according to location. Looks like all the wheels available are at least 250 miles away and even then some of the parts listed on that site are already gone.

There might be some single wheel options for a shorty Sunrader. Keep talking and we can go through them. Not perfect but better than what you have now

Pics? Of your Sunrader and an outside pic of the wheel hub just so I can see it. 

Linda S

I used car-part search engine to find them. There was one listed in Toledo. Unfortunately they can’t find it now. The next 2 are about 300 miles. They found them in their yard, but no wheels. No one is willing to ship them. Im willing to make the drive to get them. 

Edited by styxplo

Unfortunately an axle without the required wheels is useless. Like I said single wheels is an option. 

Larger 205r14 tires to hold the weight and a stabilizer bar to reduce the sway caused by being narrower in the back would 

work. 

Linda S

Here is the picture of the rear wheel. For peace of mind I’m committed to upgrading the axle. Hopefully I will get lucky.  I may have a boneyard who is willing to ship them. They are pretty sure they have them, but haven’t located them yet…. Fingers crossedBD3914CA-82C5-4ACC-96BB-B6D12259917D.jpeg.ceb8577f08a9bb1a27fe7c4fb5186dcd.jpeg

Here is the picture of the Sunrader. I’ve been searching for over a decade. They sell within hours and were always very far from me. It just never worked out. It went up for sale on marketplace in Dayton,which is 2-1/2 hour drive, and I got lucky. It only has 35,000 miles. The interior is rough, but overall it’s sound.  Had new tires installed in Dayton before I made the trip.  They were so dry rotted I literally could stick my finger in the cracks 13404325-587B-4ACA-8599-73BA5016FABE.jpeg.dbd3833fae9d975081f854fa93849fba.jpeg

this is an example of an “improvement” that was made by previous owner. Each wheel has some variation of this. The rear passenger tire has an old dirt bike shock mounted like this.

BB9A983C-31A1-44D3-BE3B-F1D8516D440E.jpeg.c8d90e6a0b95f1bfb1681ee3587a9ade.jpeg

On 2/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, styxplo said:

It was advertised as an 18’. I looked at sone pictures and sure enough…. You are right. Thanks for the insight

Couldn’t get this to copy. Did 2 screen shots from FB. Axle is in central NC.

7311A276-0A52-43A5-B186-DE5FA636F50C.png

2FDACF45-67A3-4228-958D-886147EF1CD6.png

19 minutes ago, fred heath said:

Couldn’t get this to copy. Did 2 screen shots from FB. Axle is in central NC.

7311A276-0A52-43A5-B186-DE5FA636F50C.png

2FDACF45-67A3-4228-958D-886147EF1CD6.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1888421984839322/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Got the link on my tablet. Also has the 6 lug front hubs.

• 2 weeks later...

So I scored an axle. The drivers side is reverse threaded which I knew to check from reading on here. I also got 4 wheels. One will need repaired, but should be ok. My question is on the lug nuts. They are the 6 hand hole style. I read on here somewhere that they use the flat washer style lugnuts ( none came with axle or wheels). Looking at the wheels there are concave indents around the lug nut holes in the wheels, that look like they had the tapered acorn style. Does anyone have any insight on this. Thanks Mark

Ok took me a while to get to this. Took a lug off of my rear 6 hand hole wheel. Wheel itself is flat as a pancake but lug nut is definitely cone shaped. Wheel hole is bigger than the stud so cone shaped nut is needed for centering. 

Linda S 20230225_143603.jpg.4a65867e8c54f95a3d6679ad972bceea.jpg

After looking at the P/O's suspension "improvements", may I suggest a quick Google look at the ZUK mod