12v led lighting

Ezrider_92356

I bought some from super bright LEDS. They were of poor quality. They did not last and the lighting was too dim. You really need to buy the 3 watt ones for sufficient light. Don't waste your money on cheap LEDs.

LEDs with datasheets claiming 150-600 lumens per watt are specifying lumens per watt of light output, not lumens per watt of electrical input. Bottom line you are not going to get the same amount of light as a 1156 at 27 watts with a 3 watt led. So if it all about power savings you will have to put up with less light. You maybe right about superbright futar I have not tried any of the led replacements except in the clearance lights and I will say the led replacements are brighter probably due to the directionality and I don't have to scrap the **** contacts every year to pass safety inspection!

I went to Wal-mart and bought 2 of the Tent LED lights they had. They have a bunch of LEDs in each one. They are about 5-6" around.

I added a bias resistor and run then of 12v. While not as bright as standart lighting they do very good.