Sunrader Roof Sag and Floor Fix

SunMainer

Hello everyone. My girlfriend and I recently bought a fully gutted Sunrader. After getting the clutch replaced and driving it home we are looking to fix it up and live in it. Since we live in Maine, heavy snow is a guarantee and I want to get the framing done asap. I know my roof is sagging at least slightly, but I was concerned about whether the edges were particularly bad, because water has a tendency to pool on the roof. The original owner was from Florida, and needless to say with some of his work I wonder what he smoked in his free time. The floors are an absolute mess, with random boards glued down over one another. I am posting a sideshot and wanted to know if any of the floor is original, so I know what I am in for when I get ready to fix it. You will certainly see me posting more as our build continues, and I look forward to the learning (and suffering) as well!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Well you are this far into a rehab, the floor needs more updating. A Sunrader floor is a SIP design. Plywood- foam- plywood. Good design and quite, BUT it is not supported correctly and over time the load of the walls will cause the edge of the floor to sag.

If you can weld up some frame extension and bracing you can prevent this problem.

Look under your Rader to see how things are.

I see what you are saying on the edge of that roof, I can't say if that is normal or not but would probably lean towards a no.  Take a little;e time to go watch the Sunrader build series on the youtube channel Bound for Nowhere  The EXTENSIVELY documented their ground up rebuild.  If anyone has some good video and pictures of that, it will be them!