Heater

WME

To refresh and help new owners.......

Due to the immediate sale of our house and covid related supply problems with the building of our new house, we are spending a few months wintering over in our RV. We are in a year round RV park in Wyoming (hard to find).  Among the year around residents here, there are several campers who are using a small Chinese diesel heater instead of propane.

The one I talked to said his heater paid for it's self in 3 months. A 25K btu heater is less that $150. Only problem he had was the fuel geling the first winter he used the heater.

Here is an example...https://www.ebay.com/itm/143093749625?epid=10027200997&hash=item21510d5779:g:UzcAAOSwHLthZ9hv. They seem to be 17 k btu or 27k btu sized

I have 17 foot camper camper I made a heater out of an over head electric bathroom heater. The thermostat is line voltage, I can not sleep through the propane heater I wake up and wonder why I parked at the jetport!

I replaced the sail switch, circuit board, and another do hickey on my forced air furnace before giving up and took a risk with the Camco Olympian. I've read all about the Olympians and safety for in camper use, and very mixed reviews from great to garbage.  I prefer radiant heat and so far the unit has kept us very warm though you have to be patient with the time it takes to warm things up.