1984 Toyota Dolphin Project

blazar4151

Hey there everybody. It is with a heavy heart that I have decided I no longer have time, space or money for this project of mine. I tried to post in the for sale section but for some reason it is coming back as a dead link...

We bought a 1984 Toyota Dolphin 21' from a guy in Grand Junction, CO in the dead of night. Turns out it was a salvage title and we have spent the last two years patching it up while living in it and traveling. We turned 100,000 over on the odometer on this 22RE Automatic (4 speed with an overdrive). We actually got an insurance payout for some damage done to the camper by a distracted motorist and the estimate at the time for value was $7500. We took that money and bought several appliances fo the camper and like I said.....heavy heart, don't really want to let it go. 

However, it really would be best for someone who wants to replace the interior and possibly do a whole refurb on the outside as well. It runs and drives and we just took it from Washington to Illinois through Yellowstone and Badlands and it does just fine. We all know how fast they go. This one has a full size spare and all new Hankook Vantra LT tires. Helper springs on the rear leaves, new muffler, new black tank, solar on the roof, inverter in the closet, 3 way fridge that works (not original equipment), Dometic toilet with ceramic bowl, water system that works (not hooked up, needs a bit of hose), two maxxfans with rain guards....led lights, bluetooth stereo for the cab and new driver/passenger seats we got out of a Nissan Pathfinder (much nicer than stock). True dually rear end. Oh yeah and three 200 amp hour deep cycle batteries.

We sealed the roof and it doesn't leak, like I said, we bought it salvage and patched it while living in it so it needs some attention and time. But I think we've got just over 107,000 miles on it right now so there are lots of legs left.

Anybody have any interest? Currently in St Louis, MO. (The cab will need a repaint due to an unfinished project I started, it has been primed although not well)

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 6.42.11 AM.png

If it has the 5 lug rear axle I doubt you’ll find any takers. Can’t tell with the hubcaps on. Good luck.

Update: Just saw you said you had the true duelly rearend. Best to pop a hubcap so buyers can see there are 6 lugs.

Edited by fred heath