Hi All - It's that time of my RV's ('91 Sunrader 21' 6V)  life where I need all new tires. I need tires that work well on basic forest service type roads (gravel, dirt, slight bumps) - so looking for more of an all-terrain tire. I know that the Hankook RA18 Vantra LT tire is the go-to tire - anyone know how these tires perform in the basic "off-road" setting? Also, has anyone used the Maxxis UE-168 tires?? I am leaning towards these tires as they seem to have a bit more of an all-terrain tread.  We tend to have to drive long distances on these types of road to get to our camping destinations. 

Thanks so much Linda!! The Coker tires is pretty nice. Honestly, all the tires seem expensive right now - perhaps due to Covid. I will send before and after pictures when the tire project tis done! 

What's the difference between radial and biased ply, what should I be running on my Sunrader, and does it matter?

Bias play has a lower weight capacity but because the tread is more flexible you get more traction.  Probably has a negative impact on mileage too. Because your rig is full sized I would go with the Maxxis. Tread and load capacity. 

Linda S

I driven many miles on dirt county roads, Forest service roads and BLM roads. Unless your out in the rain an snow and the resulting mud, the Maxxis is more than enough tire.

P.S. Toy RV aren't for mud bogging anyway, even the 4wd models. All 4wd does is get you further from civilization before you get stuck.

Edited by WME

• 5 months later...

@Hoonah, so what did you go with? And let's see those before and after photos. We are also looking for a more beefy/nubby/off-road type tire for the front of our 1985 Sunrader 2wd :)