Gas Tank hose replacement

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas to y'all

i need help finding the page that shows how to replace the Gas tank filler hose.

I know i've seen one here before. just can't seem to find it.

thank you in advance for the help.

You should be able to figure it out just by crawling under and looking at it.  Very simple, usually just hose clamps.  

i just wanted to see how the other person did it here.

the problem am having is that when i top of full gas of tank. i notice that it drips slowly. only when full. . then when tank come between 3/4-1/2 it doesn't drip anymore.

19 minutes ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

You should be able to figure it out just by crawling under and looking at it.  Very simple, usually just hose clamps.  

thank you Odyssey. where do i get the hose and does it have to be shaped a certain way?

Napa is a good place to start. Try to remove the exhisting hose in 1 piece or at least so you can put it back together. That will give you a shape to copy. NAPA has 45 deg, 90 deg and straight. Fuel tank filler hose is the name

It is EXPENSIVE. $25 a ft.

DO NOT USE RADIATOR HOSE

Edited by WME

I appreciate everyone's input. 

but would still like the link to the thread here that someone posted with pictures.

i know I've seen one before. but can't seem to find it now that i need it.

I know i can do this myself. but i always like to see how other people did it. or any tips they have.

please if someone can find the thread and link it up . i would really appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Thank you Derek. you are the Man! this is what i was talking about. what were the symptoms you were experiencing.

cause i only get a small drop that seems to be coming down the hose only when i fill up tank all the way. but seems to stop when you drive. and when tank goes 3/4 to 1/2 then leak stops dripping. 

would these be the ones you saw ?  I had to replace the vent hose (kinked ). Wouldn't take on gas except real slow. New hose did the trick. I suggest you take the outside plate off then crawl under it and un- hook the hoses and just pull them out the top. I put great stuff in ours before to discourage the mice from getting in. In fact I filled all the exterior holes with it. They quit getting inside. There were holes every where where they ran wires in the rear and also under the commode and grey water and black tanks were the biggest holes.

DSC04908.JPG

DSC04909.JPG

DSC04910.JPG

DSC04911.JPG

DSC04912.JPG

did this job on my 1978 minimax and 1987 dolphin model 400 no drips but a very strong gasoline stink in the camper . very dangerous. had to drop tank on my 87 part way down on a jack . bought filler hose at napa sold by the inch that's right by the inch. filler hose was very bad shape  org date on it 1986 . removed outside filler neck screws . undo off of tank pull hoses out on neck off of tank . check length from old hoses . install new at the cap neck stuff in watch for kinks  install on tank raise up tank bolt up . WARNING ADVICE DO THIS OUTSIDE VERY BAD BADD FUEMES OUT OF TANK BE VERY CAREFULL. if you need elbows you can use exast pipe.

Edited by 5Toyota

22 hours ago, Homer said:

would these be the ones you saw ?  I had to replace the vent hose (kinked ). Wouldn't take on gas except real slow. New hose did the trick. I suggest you take the outside plate off then crawl under it and un- hook the hoses and just pull them out the top. I put great stuff in ours before to discourage the mice from getting in. In fact I filled all the exterior holes with it. They quit getting inside. There were holes every where where they ran wires in the rear and also under the commode and grey water and black tanks were the biggest holes.

DSC04908.JPG

DSC04909.JPG

DSC04910.JPG

DSC04911.JPG

DSC04912.JPG

Hey Homer. i don't think this is the one I saw. lol. . but thanks for the pictures. i see from yours that the hose is attached to a pipe which looks to be rusted.  is it possible to also change that pipe? mine is a 1984 Toyota dolphin

Edited by tone

It looks like crap but I dropped the gas tank and cleaned all the rust and etc. The rusty pipe looks like new on the inside. I tested it all around for rust holes and it was very solid. Just wished that I had painted it before re installing it. 😧  The tank was reinstalled around 8 yrs ago. It had been hard to fill with gas every since we purchased it. I read on this site somewhere that someone else had the same problem. The culprit was a bent air vent hose. I pulled it out and bought a new one and replaced it around jan., 2019. Since then I have had no problem in filling the tank. Be sure to get gas line hose. Plain rubber hose deteriorates.   Good luck with yours. Is pretty simple to do once you figure it out. I had no-one to tell me I just did it.

Gas line hoses are discontinued. Google “Wizard” in Douglasville Georgia. They did a New one for under 50. 00

Fit like a champ.

The hard part is loosening the fittings. You need plenty of PB Blaster and the right Metric fitting wrenches.