Thermometer for fridge

BobBeery

I put a red-liquid-in-a-glass-tube thermometer in my fridge but the reading seemed too high.  But two weeks ago I had bought a wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer for my house that was supposed to transmit up to 200 feet, so I tried putting the outdoor sensor in the fridge and the indoor unit on the dinette less than three feet away.  It worked, and the reading seemed sensible.  Next day I tried leaving the indoor unit in the usual spot in my house and put the outdoor unit in the fridge, about thirty feet away.It still worked.

I had been wanting to get one of these thermometers for my Warrior anyway, now I think I will.  I can have the unit in the fridge when driving, and someplace outside when camped.

There are many indoor only units in the $9-15 range but you have to open the fridge to read them.  The wireless indoor/outdoor units you do not have to open the fridge, and can also put the outdoor unit outdoors at your campsite when you are wiling to do without the fridge temp.   I like that for when I wake up.  These wireless units go $15-40 or even more depending on extra features.  I got the simplest cheapest one I could find--indoor temp, outdoor temp, and time of day.  

I got it at Ace hardware for $15.99.

Camping World had a sale on TEMPMINDER  4 Zone Temperature and Humidity Station  thermometer a few months ago. I called 2 different CW stores and no one had them said I had to order it . I did and it has worked out beautifully. The receiver has one zone plus there are three units to place where you want them. I put one in the fridge, one outside and one in my cooler.   I always take a cooler with frozen 1/2 gal  juice bottles  of ice, they are rectangular and fit well. Usually keep 5 or 6 in cooler.We keep our meat in it and few other items. When one of them thaws some we just put it in the freezer part and then exchange when it is frozen. We DRY CAMP, therefore it gives more security of our cold stuff. Thermometer # 110711 . It also shows Humidity  in all 4 zones. On sale for $28.77  reg.$34.99. Don't know if they have them in stock at reg. price ?