Coach battery

jhdbad

My coach battery is not charging when driving. Battery shows good charge when plugged in but after I unplug and drive it indicates poor. I recently replaced all clearance lights not sure if that could effect this ... put it on charger , completed charge hooked it up started to drive stopped checked coach battery ... poor. ???

Have you tried testing it when the truck is running. Multimeter will tell you if it's getting any juice. Mine did the same thing and the wire from the isolator to the coach battery was rusted and broken. Might be a loose ground too. Not making contact well when bouncing down the road. Some rigs also have a fuse between the isolator and the coach battery. You just have to start digging around to see how everything looks and testing the wires

Linda S

Get a digital voltmeter. Harbor freight and WalMart have OK meters for the$$ 

Check truck battery engine OFF, check house battery engine OFF. 12.5v+ is a good reading.

Engine ON check truck battery voltage, check isolator voltage on all posts, check house battery voltage. Truck voltage 13.5v_ (14,x better). Check the alternator/truck battery wire voltage at the input to the isolator...should be the same as truck battery voltage. Check the voltage at the output of the isolator...should be truck battery voltage -.7v or less. Check house battery voltage...should be the same as isolator output, maybe  -.1v.

Post results and we will try the help more, but with out real numbers we are just guessing.

you can also turn on your dc lights in the cabin, start engine and see if lights get a lot brighter.

how old is your battery?   people kill deep cycle batteries all the time - do not leave it sit under charged, try not to draw it all the way down.  The deeper you cycle it, the fewer cycles you will get.

When you do get your tester, follow the juice.

Thank you for the replies ... I’ll get to that issue when ever gets back from shop for AC conversion R12 to R134.

thanks

John