Other motorhomes with fiberglass roof?

runfromturtles

The toyhouse has its advantages (small), and its disadvantages (small)

Nice thing is I can usually get it into and out of places I use a car.

I looked at some older GM chassis (Class A I think) when I was looking at the Toyhouse. built on the 300 chassis. $5k can get some in reasonably good shape. If you plan on 5-7 mpg, you wont be disappointed.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

There are many Travcos out there, and they are similar to the GMC in that they have solid a construction body. They are kind of cool, not too small and not too big, but again, like the GMC, you will not expect anything considered good for fuel mileage. Sorry that the decision to get a Toyhome fell through the cracks of your needs, but I know with the hundreds of styles, makes, and options given in the RV industry throughout the years, you will find what suits you. Peace!

post-5603-0-79125400-1348062853_thumb.jp

You'd think that eventually a modern lightweight compact RV would hit NAmerica? The demand "seems" like it's there? The rest of the world has been building small lightweight RVs for the past 25 years. We're still in the dark ages and Toy motorhomes continue to fetch absorbant $$ for what they are.

There are many Travcos out there, and they are similar to the GMC in that they have solid a construction body. They are kind of cool, not too small and not too big, but again, like the GMC, you will not expect anything considered good for fuel mileage. Sorry that the decision to get a Toyhome fell through the cracks of your needs, but I know with the hundreds of styles, makes, and options given in the RV industry throughout the years, you will find what suits you. Peace!

Toyhome would be perfect for just me, however my wife is going to full-time with me. Also we realized that we wouldn't be traveling outside Oregon. I am still going to keep my eyes open for the largest toyhome and if the price is right I might do it. Thanks all for the info, I have learned so much.

Wow these are awesome! check out this one

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/rvs/3281957710.html

Their engine maintenance scare me though.

The absolute largest Toy house is a late 80's EZ-Ryder. They are 23 ft., BUT only come with the 22re. If your staying in OR. then that won't be a big problem as the 4 cylinder will get you over the Cascades, just a bit slower than your probably used to.

WME

Toyhome would be perfect for just me, however my wife is going to full-time with me. Also we realized that we wouldn't be traveling outside Oregon. I am still going to keep my eyes open for the largest toyhome and if the price is right I might do it. Thanks all for the info, I have learned so much.

Wow these are awesome! check out this one

http://portland.crai...3281957710.html

Their engine maintenance scare me though.

That's for 2 Travcos at 3900 bucks! All old school engine, basic, reliable carburated MOPAR powerplant V8's, and used different ones for various years and sizes. I have always liked the Travco, and could really be made into your own with modifications and such. REAL COOL!

Even more findings for you guys. Did you know the same company that made the Sunraders also made something called the Aero Cruiser. It also appears to be made of a fiberglass shell with an aluminum frame underneath. It has a Chrysler engine though, same as the D350. They are not as bullet-proof from what I have gathered.

http://aero-cruiser.fl-ink.com/

You'd think that eventually a modern lightweight compact RV would hit NAmerica? The demand "seems" like it's there? The rest of the world has been building small lightweight RVs for the past 25 years. We're still in the dark ages and Toy motorhomes continue to fetch absorbant $$ for what they are.

I agree, there are many small truck chassis that would make a great motorhome. I guess the closest things would be the Mercedes or Dodge based Sprinter Chassis for the small Class C, or Class B type of unit, but at 85 to 100 thousand bucks, they are so expensive.

for the class b motorhome though a mercedes chassis is only a small amount more than a ford chassis. like 5 or 7k more.

I mean small amount based on the price of the whole thing.

making a motorhome out of a sprinter van might be affordable either new or grabbing used ups trucks.

If I had a theoretical 100 grand Id spend it on a sprinter motorhome way before Id spend 90k on a ford motorhome.

they make class Bs based on the nissan titan van too. 5.7 liter gas, and i believe those are the cheapest.

my buddy has a 99 class b sprinter let me show you todays picture of it, worth at least a thousand words

328731_4252636189614_854742527_o.jpg