Can't say I've tried them.  Can't say I ever would either unless they made a progressive-rate spring actually designed for a motorhome that is near max GVWR all the time.  Toyota cab & chassis trucks came new with progressive-rate springs but were never designed for full-time max loads so the progressive-part of the design is abrogated.  I don't see how that would be any different with the Skyjackers unless they can be ordered custom-built.

1 hour ago, jdemaris said:

Can't say I've tried them.  Can't say I ever would either unless they made a progressive-rate spring actually designed for a motorhome that is near max GVWR all the time.  Toyota cab & chassis trucks came new with progressive-rate springs but were never designed for full-time max loads so the progressive-part of the design is abrogated.  I don't see how that would be any different with the Skyjackers unless they can be ordered custom-built.

• Constructed As Progressive Multileaf Packs
  • Load Capacity Will Be Equal or Greater Than OE
  • Made With American Steel
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty

Yes, and what makes their "progressive multi-leaf pack" any different or better then the OEM "progressive multi-leaf pack?"    There IS no "progressive" once an RV coach is sitting on the stack.  Looks to me it's just a stock spring stack with a custom arch to sit higher (when not in progressive-mode).  

This is a lot of info and a slog to read, but the bottom line is the spring MFG. says that progressive springs are not for sustained heavy loads. But they do make a proper spring for this use. Backs up what JDE just wrote.

http://www.atlassuspension.com/index.html

IF you call, they will build it........

2 hours ago, Totem said:

What is the proper spring then? 

Did they list its model no.? I don't see it

I wonder if they would be willing to build them?  What you are asking for is a progressive spring-pack that in "normal", not "overload" mode - when calibrated for a Toyota already at its max GVWR.  If anybody wants such a spring assembly, it's not that difficult to build your own.  Just buy a new set of OEM style springs and then some extra, pre-arched leafs to add to the stack.  It has to be Toyota (or Mazda) specific. No other truck that I know of uses that odd-ball spring width.

These guy are not a spring shop, they are a spring MFG. They even can retemper a spring after they re-arch it. CALL if you need springs, just remember they are spring guys so have your ducks lined up before you call. Number of leafs, width, thickness of the spring leaf and spring pack.

still got one of those old time shops here make springs u bolts rebuild heavy truck front ends . been on the same spot since 1915. complete with an enormous old time forge.

So the prevailing idea here is that the skyjackers would be ok but would lose arch as the oems would yes? The question I now have is how long did that take to happen? Mine have been flat since I got it but at one time I'm assuming they had arch.. Curious how long that time was.

Edited by Totem

Deep?? there ain't no bottom to that paper.

7 hours ago, WME said:

Deep?? there ain't no bottom to that paper.

There are days where google is an incredible time suck.  Not that it was the most comprehensive I found either.  There was another paper that was longer and far harder to read.  I got tired a few pages in and just decided to give up. We have reached the saturation point where almost any topic can be found online at any given level of discussion.  If artificial intelligence can progress enough to be able to gather and then create a synopsis on demand, we will have arrived at a Star Trek level of just ask the computer a question and get an answer.  Right now all my phone does is read wikipedia articles to me when I ask it something substantial.