1 ton front brakes?

Totem

the word he was throwing around was incorrect for the context of the part - the rotor does not mount to where he thinks it does, it mounts instead to the adapter. - only WME pointed that out. The rest simply showed what I already saw... so yes points to WME on the WHY of it I suppose.

16 hours ago, jdemaris said:

I LIKE Martha Stewart.  I think being an ex-con kind of makes her hot.  But I guess that's a bit off-topic.

me too, plus the sheer fact that she has enough contacts internally in those companies to get stock tips that HOT makes her a bit more hot also.

3 hours ago, Totem said:

hmm, foolies on my front hubs? that would be interesting. Face it, you were advising me to buy the 4x4 rotors. The question is..was that a mistake or on purpose?

So what is the BCD/PCD on ANY of your wheels (assuming you've got the front and back, of course). That's the only thing I've questioned as NOT being the 110mm that appears on all the listing. Also, please quote any post I've made advising you to buy any rotor, 4x4 or other. :)

Oh UpNorth... you just continue with this.. its over. the rotor is not where you think it is.

On the rear there are shoes (at least on mine).

and in the front on the 1 Ton thats all that matters...we are discussing the Rotor. NOT the wheels.

My task is complete. I asked a question and it appears that you have managed to understand what a BCD is and perhaps even how to measure it. You've also learned enough to satisfy yourself that you've got the correct part and I didn't even have to advise you which one. Happy trails. :)

On 7/18/2016 at 10:47 PM, linda s said:

I think our bolt pattern is 6 x 7.25. No it makes no sense to me either but every after market part I could find the measurements said 110mm. Guess we just have to wait until he gets them.

Linda S.25

Rotor bolt pattern has nothing to do with the wheel bolt pattern.  Rotor pattern is the inside ring of bolts in this photo. Rotor in 2nd photo has been redrilled to mount on a 5 lug 3/4 ton Toyota Chinook but you can see the six holes with the much smaller bolt-circle then the 6 X 7.25" the wheels use.

100_0715.jpg

100_0717.jpg

On 7/19/2016 at 0:53 AM, WME said:

After much googling, Me thinks I figured it out.

On the front there is the big clunky adapter that bolts to the small front hub and flairs out to the 6x7.25 6 bolt wheel.

5 lug 3/4 ton trucks also have "clunky adapters. Just smaller. Here is a 5 lug adapter and rotor compared to a 6 lug setup.

two adapters.JPG

Aye, it all came back to me when WME posted his thoughts; these pictures confirm it; I had seen this once before when my front hubs arrived in the mail before I had the Mech install them. In my case they arrived with brand new barely used non scored rotors; so I have never had to do this yet.

I'll post the confirmation on the 110mm measurement soon as I get them in the mail.

I have no doubts on the bolt-circle dimensions. I have several brand-new, 1 ton, rotors sitting here on my bench.  Note I have not read every post, as I just came back from a pretty awful camping trip in the UP.   No problem with the Toyota. Just the awful crowds on Mackinac Island, the very strong smell of horse p*ss everwhere. I mean REAL bad. Like a hose peed in a bucket, it then got heated to 120 degrees, and then stuck on your head.  To top it off, when I got on the ferry to go back to St. Ignace, they stuck a dead guy right next to me.  So I had to share my space with a dead tourist for the whole ferry crossing.

yikes, thats horrific, and much worse than my last makinac trip. I thought i had it bad from rough seas ride on ferry and one of my kids puked; so I was "that" guy the one with the puking kid.

When we went it was maybe like 68 we needed sweatshirts on a cold July and the horse mucky wasn't so bad. We did the butterfly zoo there if memory serves, as well as had pizza at that pizza place. it was ok. nothing special.

Ok so mech called... the rotors ARE correct! 110mm is, after all the proper measurement.

Linda was also quite correct on the brake pads being wrong; they are half ton. They only reason i didn't return them is because their ebay auction listed them as 1 ton so i had to see for sure before filing a return with safe harbor, they will be going back; ended up getting exact same part number Linda recommended. Basically that's 2/2 Linda got right, thank you for the good advice Linda.

Incidentally, the brakes being replaced are the front and are 44,000 miles old but were put on with brand new calipers 4 years ago ish..Not sure if that's average good bad or what. Mech mentioned my current pads "disintegrated when removed and were down to the plate... so word to the wise out there, get your brakes done/checked etc.; would have done them myself if I was retired.

Edited by Totem

5 hours ago, Totem said:

the brake pads being wrong; they are half ton. They only reason i didn't return them is because their ebay auction listed them as 1 ton

I'm sure where you are getting these designations from - but I don't think Toyota ever called the cab & chassis trucks "1/2 ton" or "1 ton."    There was, for sure, a 1 ton pick-up truck.

As far as I can ascertain, a 1978 Toyota motorhome was built on a 1150 lb. payload capacity intended vehicle.  1983 is 1390 lbs  1985 is 1990 lbs. 1988 dually is 1680 lbs.  1990 dually is 2250 lbs.

The 1986 double wheel chassis was listed in Toyota books as heavy, WT. Not 1 ton. It's confusing for sure. Even the newer V6 models say 1/2 ton for the WT chassis which makes no sense at all. If you see WT anywhere your on the right track. All duallies for both Toyota and Nissan are a WT chassis. Had an argument at a Nissan dealer parts department with the manager insisting they never made a dual wheel chassis truck. Had him look up WT chassis and he shut up real fast and found the part I needed. Your very welcome

Linda S

I go by whatever the truck is name by Toyota when getting parts.   E.g.

A 1978 Toyota motorhome uses a RN28L-KRA 3W cab & chassis.

A 1983 motorhome uses a RN44L KRA 3W or a RN44 KDA 3W.  

A 1985 uses a RN55L-KREA 3W or a RN55L-KDEA 3W. 

A 1988 uses a RN55L-KREA 3W or RN55L-KRTEA 3W or RN75L-KRTEA 3W or RN55L-SRA 3W or RN55L-SRTEA 3W or RN75L,-PDTEA 3W

A 1990 uses a VZN85L-TRSREA6 or VZN85L-TWSREA6 or VZN95L-TWSREA6 or VZN85L-TRMREA6 or VZN85L-TWMREA6 or VZN95L-TWMREA6

On the subject of terms like "1/2 ton", 3/4 ton", or "1 ton" -  it's sometimes used in marketing hype and only works when a fixed vehicle weight with no load is known.  That's why Toyota did it with the "1 ton" pickup.  In the case of a cab & chassis - there is NO fixed payload weight. Just a range of what is allowed.

One example for a 1990 dually.  Empty with no body it weighs 2900 lbs. with a manual trans.  Toyota requires at least 770 lbs.  be added to it for a body (and up to 2020 lbs.).   Max total weight with payload is 6000 lbs.  So - depending on what body is stuck on it - it can be a completed vehicle with no payload that weighs 3670 up to 4920 lbs.  That  puts it in a range from being a 2380 lb. payload truck down to a 1080 lbs. payload truck.  So some dually Toyota RVs are technically over 1 ton, and some are just 1/2 ton - all with the same chassis.

11 hours ago, linda s said:

Had an argument at a Nissan dealer parts department with the manager insisting they never made a dual wheel chassis truck. Had him look up WT chassis and he shut up real fast and found the part I needed. Your very welcome

Linda S

I had to get some dealer parts for my 1984 Nissan dually motorhome.  Parts guy just looked it up by what Nissan calls it after I gave him the correct designation code.  A "EN720WA" cab & chassis.  Might be slightly different for other years. Standard Nissan trucks with single rear wheels have totally different codes - like F, N, or J720 for a reg. bed truck, or NG or JG720 for a long-bed, or KF, KN, or KJ720 for a King-cab, NY, JY, NGY, or KNY720 for a 4WD.