1 ton front brakes?

Totem

well, im due for brakes again... i remember last time this was fun because i had put on the 1 ton 6 lug front hubs and i now struggle to find rotors and pads. I want to say the parts will be like the ones for the 1990 1 ton pickup but it only seems to come 6 lug if i order the 4 x 4 edition... is this correct ?

9 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Bolt Circle: 110mm

Doesn't sound right to me.

they were off of your part interchange page you posted...

10 minutes ago, linda s said:

These are the ones that match the part number from the toyota site. Oops link didn't come through right. Just put in the part number I posted and several do come up

Linda S

ok so they ARE good? you two are confusing as heck this week...

At this point I'm gonna let them show up and see what happens. I was lucky enough to be able to cancel the ones for 4x4 wheels.

When I originally got the 1 ton hubs the rotors on them were new; so i didn't need to buy any.

Its possible the existing ones will be ok and i just have them turned and slap on pads.. if not these ones i've shown will be the go to.

If that fails, I will have to keep trying. interchange is all i have available as oem discontinued.

7 minutes ago, Totem said:

ok so they ARE good? you two are confusing as heck this week...

No they are not. I tried to post a link to the correct ones on ebay but it just gave me all the brakes instead of narrowing it down. Go to ebay toyota brakes and then put in that first part number I posted for the pads and click on include content. Then the right ones will come up. Like these for example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-OEM-91-93-Pickup-Brake-Pads-04465YZZA9-/121886037428?fits=Make%3AToyota&hash=item1c60f955b4:g:gvsAAOSwyQtVzvFu&vxp=mtr

ebay is only letting me show one at a time but you could see all of them

Linda S

im gonna let the order stand then, unless UpNorth has what seems more correct available.

it shows as a "guaranteed fit" for RWD 1 ton 1990 on the website.

sure would be nice to know for sure.

FTR, every cross reference rotor I have checkek had 110mm. I cant find anything else, so perhaps Derek is either having a moment or messing with or or 110mm is legit.

I'm going to go with it and try the part. Will report back my finding.

I Did find record of people using raybestos 96182r, which also sports 110 mm BC...

Edited by Totem

The 'Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) also known as the 'Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) IS the lug pattern (as you call it).

I do believe that what you're looking for is a 6x139.7mm (6x5.5"). The 'Center Bore' (hole in the middle) is 110mm.

I suppose the info might have been written up by someone not conversant with the proper terminology. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252276503461?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

whew, so it very well be a part that fits then. if not I am gonna have a doozy of a time finding one that does and employs people that are scholars of the proper nomenclature.

you keep using this word... I don't think it means what you think it means...

"INCONCEIVABLE"!

can we at least agree that the oem part number  43512-35160 is the correct rotor?

18 minutes ago, Totem said:

you keep using this word... I don't think it means what you think it means...

"INCONCEIVABLE"!

can we at least agree that the oem part number  43512-35160 is the correct rotor?

I haven't proposed any part number and I don't feel any need to repeat research done by others. Perhaps if I was the one looking for the parts I would.

Which particular word has you upset? Assuming it was one I used. Otherwise, I don't really care. :)

I was just quoting princess bride (movie from long ago...)

in context to your constant yammer of the proper BCD vs pitch circle diameter etc. the stable boy, the dread pirate roberts aka wesley.. "as you wish"... though these discussions tend to remind me more of the wine contest with the Sicilian than roberts.

4 hours ago, Totem said:

well, im due for brakes again... i remember last time this was fun because i had put on the 1 ton 6 lug front hubs and i now struggle to find rotors and pads. I want to say the parts will be like the ones for the 1990 1 ton pickup but it only seems to come 6 lug if i order the 4 x 4 edition... is this correct ?

No it is not. I don't understand the confusion. Mounting bolt circle for a 6 hole 4WD is different then for a HD 6 lug 2WD cab & chassis truck.

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

36 minutes ago, Totem said:

in context to your constant yammer of the proper BCD vs pitch circle diameter etc

Just trying to help YOU understand something, apparently, technical. There is no 'versus'. BCD is the same as PCD, just two terms for the same thing, Perhaps you'll feel more comfortable calling it the 'lug pattern', but to me that sounds kind of 'Martha Stewart'! :)

2 hours ago, Totem said:

I cant find anything else, so perhaps Derek is either having a moment or messing with or or 110mm is legit.

Why not grab a tape measure and go measure your wheel and report back what the 'lug pattern' is. I'll bet it isn't 110mm. No video required. :)

I a bit befuddled, 110mm is 4 21/64". The Toyota 6 bolt DRW  bolt pattern is 6 3/4". We are talking about the bolt pattern right?

After much googling, Me thinks I figured it out.

On the front there is the big clunky adapter that bolts to the small front hub and flairs out to the 6x7.25 6 bolt wheel.

hmm, foolies on my front hubs? that would be interesting. Face it, you were advising me to buy the 4x4 rotors. The question is..was that a mistake or on purpose?

and yes, 110 mm is correct, there is an adaptor in the 1 ton hub.. WME takes the prize. measuring what you suggest Derek would be less than useless (again FRONT hubs rotors).

Edited by Totem

8 minutes ago, Totem said:

WME takes the prize

I don't know.  I'd have to consult the rules of the bet.  Seems to me, Linda had it first as 110mm then jdemaris with numerous graphics highlighting it.  Unless the starting point is post "I'd bet"