I'm trying to track down an OE water pump for my camper. I'm getting conflicting reports of what will fit/not fit. Something about an inlet pipe. Even using my vin JT5VN94T1K0007747 I get one vendor saying yes to 161006947583 and others saying no. Appears 1610069225 is the original part number and that has been replaced.  As well my vin usually comes up as a 4Runner. 

I'm getting everything together for a timing belt replacement. 

Kahuna in Kanada

1 hour ago, notsobigkahuna said:

I'm trying to track down an OE water pump for my camper. I'm getting conflicting reports of what will fit/not fit. Something about an inlet pipe. Even using my vin JT5VN94T1K0007747 I get one vendor saying yes to 161006947583 and others saying no. Appears 1610069225 is the original part number and that has been replaced.  As well my vin usually comes up as a 4Runner. 

I'm getting everything together for a timing belt replacement. 

Kahuna in Kanada

Parts listings I see show the OEM pump as an AISIN for a truck with an oil-cooler.  Aisin part # WPT030.  $43 at Rock Auto. That is an OEM waterpump without the Toyota name stuck on the parts bag.  AISIN catalog says it replaces both the #s you listed.

Interesting. I tried to buy an entire timing belt kit with an AISIN pump... it was like James Bond, the retailer asked a pile of questions, including

If your shift gear stick is located on the column right next to the steering wheel, then your engine uses the water pump without the outlet pipe.

He was very helpful and not just interested in making a sale. 

• 2 weeks later...

when I did mine, I looked to see if I had the outlet.  BTW, I think I recall that outlet goes to the oil cooler (looks like a tin can on the lower driver's side of engine) which the c&C have (cab & chassis).

I bought a kit from rock auto (GATES TCKWP240)  but did not like the water pump- it had smaller molded vanes than the original aisin,  Rock auto shipped an asian (AISIN WPT032) but later credited me back for the shipping after I complained.

The timing marks on the timing belt seemed to be wrong - the belt worked fine,  glad I got the kit as I needed to change one of the idlers and changed the tensioner too..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Linda, may be. Thanks to a good tip on here I ordered the timing belt/water pump kit from rock auto. I read on another site that it's a good idea to do the front main seal and the the 2 cam seals while in there, so I ordered those today. maybe my small oil leak will get solved! 

Kahuna in Kanada 

• 4 weeks later...

When I did my pump and timing belt, pulleys etc, I seem to remember a bolt on the top somewhere that was near to impossible to get to. Basically should have pulled the intake to get to that bolt but somehow avoided doing that. When I ordered it all no one asked if I had the inlet pipe and I can not remember if it did but all was the same as the old. 1990!