L dinette dimensions, WAG

jjrbus

Your building it, just make it fit. Table legs, 27,29,31" see which fits you.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-locks/rv-pedestal-table.htm

If the interior is about the same measurements as the Winnebago with the L dinette the table is about 25.5 by 16 and should be 30 inches above the floor. I just went by the sofa measurement which they give and calculated the size of the table. Not exact but should be close

Linda S

Thanks for the responses,  pretty small table!      I am looking at this thinking leaf or something to increase size?     Jim

The thing about the L sofa is that if there 3 of you the person in the middle is trapped. 2 small tables are a better idea. Think about TV tray table that you can setup where ever and put away for great room.

2 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Yep, there's only so much you can do before you start blocking the aisle.

Odyssey went to 2 tables.

pg. 3.jpg

Thanks but I can not make out the plans, too small.   Did an online search and no help. 

Sorry Jim, I let you down last fall as I did not start mine.  We have vastly different floor plans anyway.

As to the tray tables, the wife hates them.  I get it, she just wants something comfortable and convenient none of what the tray tables brought.  I tore out the dinette only because it was falling apart.  At the end of doing everything else, all I had left was this one space.  I found a folding RV couch for $20, made a quick base and started camping.  Everything else in the RV works just fine for us except for comfortable seating when we just want to hang out in the evenings.  Hence my idea to redo the dinette with euro chairs.

The project is still on tap but much delayed as I had a rough winter recovering from falling off a ladder.  I head out this weekend for a bit of fishing and then have the next couple of weeks off as I am taking some time off after a huge project I just finished up.  Nothing really complicated to the euro chairs except it involves welding and fabrication.  The rest is just making two plywood bases for the chairs that have to fit the electrical and water tank an pump.  That is where the short Itasca I have is very much different from yours.

Short version is focus on comfort for how you intend to use the RV.  I camp with my wife and I, almost exclusively.  I don't much care how well it handles 3 people.  You've gone all out, might as well make it work for your needs as best possible.

Thanks.  My original plan did not fit.  Looked good on paper but just would not work.  So now I am short on time and must get this thing ready to go, if I ever get it started.  So the L dinette was the best option, a very simple but complicated box. I want to make this comfortable for 2 people, but always appreciate any and all input, thoughts and suggestions. It will be for trips and an emergency escape pod for hurricanes. 

weld?  I went to a local RV place to look at construction and design,  I don't think they even use glue!

So Far. 

The curtains are from a Salem Oregon garage sale.  

IMG_0738.JPG