$800 Toyota Chinook

zero

Supposedly runs good.  Looks like a great buy for $800.  It's parked 80 miles from where my son lives out west. I am trying to talk him into buying it for me and maybe driving it to Michigan for me. I doubt my scheme will work, but who knows?  He is coming to Michigan to visit this Spring anyway.  I should stop looking at this distant stuff but for $800 - kind of hard to resist.  Hey, it is ONLY a 1500 mile drive, one way, from his place to mine.

00z0z_iJIBvfQ0nEi_600x450.jpg

00d0d_aDDGY3pSoUI_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_7pvzLjiyOnb_600x450.jpg

When we bought our 1985 Dolphin three  years ago, I drove it 1800 miles back from Michigan to Santa Fe. It's a peach and was worth every mile of the journey. The best part of the story is that it cost me more to get from the airport in Detroit to the little town where the vehicle was than it did for my plane fare from Santa Fe to Detroit! There was no bus service or any other way to get to this town. I had to hire a limo service! Again, worth every dime. We got a beauty and have been enjoying it ever since.

JD, are you becoming the Chinook tycoon?  ya can only drive one at a time.  that's the biggest issue I see with the plan.  unless you're planning on flipping one.  or is this a hedge against the 5 yr cycle for vehicles to rust out from under you?  ;)

Plan ahead aka a throw away wagner power painter and large can of POR15; drink a case of beer slide under and start sprayin

Edited by Totem

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado my sister lives there  just got a foot of snow 2 weeks ago. for shur a rust belt zone .  now in eastern wash st sage brush very hot summers and very low rust . sun rot instead LOL.