1986 Chevy Astro micro-mini

zero

I've been looking for a low priced micro-mini built on a Chevy Astrovan.  They were made around the same sizes as Toyotas with more power and around the same fuel mileage.  Most I come across are priced pretty high.  Provan Tiger with a pop-top is the want I really want.  Just came across this not too far from me.  Less then $2000.  Looks awful big though to be on a little Astrovan.  I wonder what it has for a rear axle?  Has a 4.3 liter V6 and auto-trans with OD and lock-up. Chevy did not make them any heavier then for a 3/4 ton payload  and thus the worry about what rear is in it.  Anybody recognize the make?  I know Allegro, Tiger, and Aerolite used Astros. Maybe more.

Image3.jpg

00000_8j6hXqKDxzd_600x450 (2).jpg

00K0K_5Dzu6vNjQLT_600x450.jpg

00n0n_aV1yAnsWsdt_600x450.jpg

00T0T_jztIAM9ARma_600x450.jpg

01414_103daJ6Pdrj_600x450.jpg

Post this on rv.net and you will get a lot more replies since this site is about toyota RVs. This site gets about a dozen posts a day, while rv.net gets hundreds and covers all kinds of RVs.

Edited by RVdaytrader

I don't need replies. It's not mine and I'm not trying to sell it. In fact, I might try to buy it.  Just posted it here since this place has discussions about micro-mini RVs and not always those built on a Toyota chassis.   Just an example of another alternative that I know, some who come here, are not aware of.

That is an Allegro and yes they had problems carrying the weight. The early Astro vans had fiberglass leaf springs. They didn't just sag under the weight, they broke. Provan started upgrading the springs to metal at sometime but my 93 sags even with the metal springs. It needs some air suspension, I just haven't gotten to it. Runs like a bat out of hell though and is so fun to drive. I do like that your kids or passengers sit facing forward. Much more comfortable on a long drive. Just check the springs. Sounds like a deal if they are good.

Linda S

I had a 1995 and mine  had those plastic or fiberglass springs. I had just the van though; not a motorhome.   I rarely see any Astro RVs priced this low. I suspect if the seller advertised it as an "Astrovan RV" or motorhome - it would sell fast.  But he has it listed as a "Breaking Bad RV."  I found it by accident.  Not sure what makes it the "Breaking Bad" sort?  That is, unless he thinks it will make a good Meth lab for someone?  As I recall, the Breaking Bad guys had a huge Winnebago Class A.

Looks genuine to me. At least the ad has a real Wisconsin phone number. I left a message and also sent an email. No replies yet.  It is 370 miles from me since Lake Michigan is in the way and I have to drive around it.  Probably half that distance "as the crow flies."  Looks like a heck of a good deal for somebody.

Nope.  I search all of Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin everyday.  If anything is further away then that, I'm not interested.  Not unless it's in northern Colorado and I can have my son grab something for me and store it.