Sunrader Clearance Lights

Tahoetacoma

I just bought an 87 sunrader 4x4. None of the clearance lights work. The bulbs are good. I do not have power at any of the lights (checked with multimeter). But I do have a good ground. Does anyone now where the power is supplied from? I assume it is tied into the running lights. Is there an inline fuse? Any info on how they are wire will help. Thanks so much, Matt.

Most have a fuse in the coach some where it should be with the rest of the coach fuses. They are daisy chained going from one to the next RV lighting is really cheap stuff many connections are friction fit and prone to poor connections. One of the best things you can do is replace the entire lot with LED's and never have to tinker with them again.

The clearance lights for a Sunrader are powered from a wire connected to the rear passenger side tail lights, go up to the light on that side and around the top coming up the drivers side and across the front. Very hard to repair without pulling all the paneling off. Pull the first one, passenger side on the side in the rear and see if there is any power.

Linda S

• 5 weeks later...

I got pulled over for not having one of my clearance lights working on the front of the RV. I know that the officer was just fishing for drunk drivers but he did give me a ticket to get it repaired. Luckily, it was an easy fix, just pull the bulb, clean everything up and put it back together. I will be installing all new LED fixtures when the RV comes out of storage.

In Wisconsin, they will pull you over for any reason to see if you have been drinking.

I got pulled over for not having one of my clearance lights working on the front of the RV. I know that the officer was just fishing for drunk drivers but he did give me a ticket to get it repaired. Luckily, it was an easy fix, just pull the bulb, clean everything up and put it back together. I will be installing all new LED fixtures when the RV comes out of storage.

In Wisconsin, they will pull you over for any reason to see if you have been drinking.

Oh Yeah, the old "probable cause" excuse.

My favorite was non working license plate light.

Who really ever checks those anyway.

I do, and I replace them with LED on all my vehicles. why? you just mentioned it....I read far too many govt reports for a living, and that's one of the favorite reasons to pull someone over when they suspect he's got a load and want something to stop him for. I have no desire to deal with even groundless govt BS by side of road. "weaving within the lane" is another favorite.

• 7 years later...