78 Newport Chinook For Sale

MontanaChinook

Don't quite have my act together just now to get a classified post up, so this is just a heads-up. Unless I have a major change of heart in the next week, the Chinook is for sale. Anyone can click on the "project" link at the bottom of my posts to check it out. And of course I have hundreds more photos if anyone wants to see them.

$4,500 OBO

Nah. I mean I could just save that stuff for when I talk to people in person, but...I think people will get it. It'll actually go OVER 80 really easily. But it absolutely is not safe to. I honestly will need to stress to people how careful they need to be driving these things. Any kind of evasive manuevering needed at highway speeds, or not paying attention on a curvy highway, and you're in trouble.

There are small gaps on either side, right where the cabover starts out of the rest of the body. So far as I can tell, it isn't widening. I sprayed foam in there a while back and last I looked I couldn't see any light coming through. Dust seemed to be coming mostly from around the wheel wells. I sprayed expanding foam into that and it helped. But there's still some that comes in through the coach door. No amount of weatherstripping seems like it'll stop it completely. It's just not the best door design.

It's one of those things...the right person might want to take the whole coach off a little and reseal everything. The other kind of right person would be like me and just drive it forever and not worry about it.

There are small gaps on either side, right where the cabover starts out of the rest of the body. So far as I can tell, it isn't widening. I sprayed foam in there a while back and last I looked I couldn't see any light coming through. Dust seemed to be coming mostly from around the wheel wells. I sprayed expanding foam into that and it helped. But there's still some that comes in through the coach door. No amount of weatherstripping seems like it'll stop it completely. It's just not the best door design.

It's one of those things...the right person might want to take the whole coach off a little and reseal everything. The other kind of right person would be like me and just drive it forever and not worry about it.

Sounds like you used a practical solution. I certainly would not want to take the coach off just to fix a small gap when there are many other alternative solutions.

Yeah it was one of things I noticed...and started stressing about. Then I realized it's mostly just where a 35 year old vehicle has settled. A little separation here and there, but so far as I can tell, it's stabilized. So for now, expanding foam it is!

Sold, pending the final transaction officially going through. :)

Crazy...

Tons of interest, most of it seemingly either just because someone must have been bored & randomly responding to ads, or just some flaky people. But one serious person was all it took.

It will be very strange to see it drive away.

That's the way ii is. A bunch of toads and one prince. Its also worth exactly what you sold it for.

Yep, to the last penny. :) We both got a good deal.

I knew I'd never get back out of it what I spent on it, monitarily. I'd only get the enjoyment out of it. I think I got plenty of that, though I definitely expected to get quite a few more years of enjoyment when I was working on it.

Yep, to the last penny. :) We both got a good deal.

I knew I'd never get back out of it what I spent on it, monitarily. I'd only get the enjoyment out of it. I think I got plenty of that, though I definitely expected to get quite a few more years of enjoyment when I was working on it.

It has been fun having you around the forum.

XX00 Karin

Keep us posted when you start your big egg project. (Scamp)