Cheap Micro-Mini Rvs

zero

There's been several great deals on micro-mini RVs around here lately. The last one I posted - the V6 Winnebago seems to have sold fast (but who knows?). There was also a small RV near me built on a Chevy Astrovan chassis. A 1987 Establishment Aerolite. Neat looking rig. Parked on the side of the road with a few people looking it over when I came across it. They bought it for $2200. No rust either. V6, auto trans with OD and lockup, etc. Seems these were subject to a sort of recall with rear tires blowing or rear wheels breaking. I would bought it instantly if those other people hadn't. Wish I'd seen it earlier.

Now this Rialta just popped up. Not something I saw on the road. This one is on Craigs List. Not sure if it is a scam or not. Has a Nebraska phone number which I already called and got no answer. Might be too good to be true but I'm not going to rule it out just because the phone number is wrong. I live in northern MI and have a New York area code - so I guess I'd look like a scammer too.

post-6578-0-67618000-1440940491_thumb.jp

I spent far too much time looking for a Rialta. The 95 and 96 are waaaaay underpowered. Often see them for sale, sold and then back on the market in a few months.

IF you go to a Rialta forum and spend any time there most of the posts are about transmission issue's! Seems the German engineering will not hold up. Plus the rebuilts are expensive and some have an issue with getting the right transmission! When I quit looking for a Rialta was when a couple on vacation had transmission issues, they were told it would be $5500 and they could pick it up in 3 months!

The only way one would sell for $2000 is if the ECM is bad. They are no longer available and no one seems to rebuild them. There was one in Miami that sold for $1500?? about a year ago. The ad was honest said he could not find an ECM.

Still likely a scam, there is $2000 worth of parts sitting there. I know I would jump on it for $2K, just to resell. Only my opinion Jim SW FL

I kind of figured it was a scam. If it wasn't . . . for that price . . I'd buy it. The trans parts and ECM parts are available in the USA. Just pricey and not found at your local auto parts store. Same problem with the Winne Phasars and Lesharo built on the French commercial van chassis. I'd buy any of the three mentioned if cheap enough. If I got one, I'd likely pull the trans and rebuilt it as preventative maintenance. A master kit is less then $300. I wish I had come across that Establishment Aerolite earlier. Had I passed that way one hour earlier, it would of been Seemed in pretty good shape. 4.3 GM V6 and mostly fiberglass construction (from a glance, it appeared to be anyway).

Fairly often I was seeing posts like this. With little positive responses. Some did find work arounds or replacements, they were lucky. Not something I want to deal with when I am in Snoeshoe MT on a holiday weekend. Jim

post-8092-0-18515500-1440972063_thumb.pn .

forget the rialto from a mechanical view do you want to sleep in fold down bucket seats? because that's what it offers. No "Happy Days" seat bed for me thank you.

forget the rialto from a mechanical view do you want to sleep in fold down bucket seats? because that's what it offers. No "Happy Days" seat bed for me thank you.

I was in a Rilata that had two opposing bench seats in back that folded down flat into a huge bed.