Complete Replacement Of Rear Lights Including The Housings?

Tuareg92

We would like to completely replace those ugly dirty taillight housings (is that what they're called?)

The replacements should include the working inside too. Like the wiring and bulbs etc.

We've been experiencing brake light problems. The right side was fixed with a new pigtail. Now the left side isn't working.

Can we replace the whole shebang?

Looked up what Winnebago tail lights look like. The light fixture can be replaced but the wedge shaped housing is not available anymore. Better figure out some way to save the one you've got. Some of these are the right ones. Most people upgrade to LED but it costs more

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbargman+triple+tail+lights.TRS0&_nkw=bargman+triple+tail+lights&_sacat=0

Linda S

• 3 weeks later...

I sanded down carefully the rectangular housings and sprayed them with epoxy paint to give them strength. I also used that round rubber wire that holds screens into the frame tracks as a gasket in the channel of the bases. I bought all new stainless screws

I purchased new light kits in LED from Bargman that fit perfectly. They are really bright at night love them.

I also added a 3rd square brake light at the top rear of RV by running wire into the closet. Also an LED by Bargman.

You will also need a Resistor (2) for the hyper flash that happens on the blinkers from LEDs.

I almost trashed my lights till I got out the screwdriver took them apart, ran all lens parts. through dishwasher on top rack hit connections with electrical grease after a nail filing, boom came out looking new.

The Deet products I've tried all say not to let it get on plastics, some painted surfaces, or vinyl surfaces.

DEET is an effective solvent, and may dissolve some plastics, rayon, spandex, other synthetic fabrics, and painted or varnished surfaces including nail polish.

This is from, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEET.

I just bought one red bargmen lens for about eight bucks. local rv dealer has them by the each.